LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmnotes View Post
In one, the company's machine, the original one, that is, I use the alkaline batteries recommended by the company. In the second device I made I have an external power supply and I feed it with a battery that is hung on the shoulder, with a cable that I connect externally to the detector machine.
That is great. So you have more working time on field!! I think i made a mistake on using an lm7809 instead of 317 like in the original. When i have the potentiometer at the edge of detection, then when it finds a target it starts beeping for ever until i turn the pot at a lower level. It is so annoying!!
Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg View Post
That is great. So you have more working time on field!! I think i made a mistake on using an lm7809 instead of 317 like in the original. When i have the potentiometer at the edge of detection, then when it finds a target it starts beeping for ever until i turn the pot at a lower level. It is so annoying!!
This is usually created when you have increased sensitivity to the machine. And also when the target it has detected is very strong its signal.
I don't think it's because you used the 7809. Just don't set your machine to the highest point of your potentiometer. Bring it down a few units.
Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmnotes View Post
This is usually created when you have increased sensitivity to the machine. And also when the target it has detected is very strong its signal.
I don't think it's because you used the 7809. Just don't set your machine to the highest point of your potentiometer. Bring it down a few units.
Indeed i have boosted its sensitivity!!! I will take it down again to see how it performs. Thank you brother!!