LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old Today, 11:09 PM
Guru

I know I mentioned this but some days you can get a better L-rod response if you ground yourself--sometimes every pass, for 20-30 seconds I press three fingers into the dirt/ground and let the rod tips touch the ground. No question I get better/more response. SOme companies make a grounding strap that sticks to the bottom of your shoe and routes up to inside the shoe without modifying your shoe. I kinda worry about lightning storms, sounds very dangerous. ANd those straps are not cheap---like over $20 and I imagine they wear out fast. Same with those heal strap types. Long time ago I just wrapped some wire around my shoe then attached it to my ankle. I never noticed much difference, maybe need both shoes. Around here we have quartz sand and when you walk on it it makes a piezo effect you can hear on a vlf receiver. My theory is the air electric charge depends on it's potential gradient. High potential gradient means low air conductivity so the electric charge in the air cannot dissapate and there is a build-up of electic charge in the air that overpowers the LRL signal. All this depends on the amount of cosmic waves that hit earth and create ions. WIthout the fast/small ions the air conductivity suffers. Another cause is air pollution. Tiny dust particles catch the fast ions. Anyway, some days are better than others and grounding won't help much. but other days it is important so best to just do it always. Your body is a capacitor so it can carry a charge and it takes a while to bleed off because your skin had quite a bit of resistance.