PDA

View Full Version : A low-cost Arduino based EFNMR Spectrometer

Seden
01-01-2018, 04:46 PM
Ok Gentlemen, here is a true science based project for you guy's who know how to program Arduinos (screw PICS!). Here's a website that has the code for this project:https://wiki.brandoncurtis.com/w/DIY_NMR_Spectroscopy. Just do me the favor and post your results so I can build one for gold prospecting. I recently bought a used Deep UV-Xray Photodiode made by OSI optoelectronics that goes from 200nm to .07nm and was designed to be used for Xray spectroscopy. OSI gives you a single opamp circuit to use with the detector so that will be my project to get into XRF Analysis.

Enjoy

Geo
01-02-2018, 04:04 PM

Seden
01-02-2018, 07:46 PM
That's it huh Geo? Well I posted this because of earlier discussion on using Earths Magnetic Field. I guess I shouldn't of bothered.

Geo
01-02-2018, 08:32 PM
Seden thanks for the article.
There are so many articles at https://wiki.brandoncurtis.com/w/DIY_NMR_Spectroscopy that needs a lot of time to read them.
Especially when the English are not my mother tongue.

Regards:)

Seden
01-02-2018, 09:31 PM
Geo,

Good to know and I understand now. I also have a great resource for Gamma Spectroscopy that from this youtube video comes close to Armin Bickels device with today's technology and ebay making everything so inexpensive to buy. I have a Gamma detector that uses a photomultiplier but found out that the Germanium based Gamma Detectors have a much sharper response. I found a design that was in Electronics Design Magazine (I believe) from an engineer from Maxim Semiconductors that uses a Germanium diode,alas another build project .

So many projects, so little time:frown:

Mike(Mont)
01-03-2018, 01:30 PM
I read the article but i don't understand what it is supposed to do. You put a banana in it and it gives you a voltage or time delay? It looks very much like a PPM. You said you might use it for prospecting. Do you put a soil sample in it and see if there is gold?

Bill512
01-03-2018, 05:04 PM
... It looks very much like a PPM. ...
Ha ha, that is true Mike, beauce a PPM actually is an NMR in Earth's field, in which the sample is a Hydrogen rich fluid (like water, alcohol etc).

metalman
09-05-2020, 08:58 AM
Hi all from Hellas.
I 'm newbee here so i will need your understanding.
In this thread i cant find the arduino code. Any luck?
TIA