PDA

View Full Version : The interesting facts about PDF-1000

mustefa ubram
10-27-2015, 10:39 AM
hi to all freinds:)
I checked again today pdf-1000 of fitzgerald.
I can not understand the function of this device.Enters to the amplifier frequency after divide.After it Enters frequency to the four coils and antenna.
It is significant point:
Rod connected to the ground is not frequency.The rod is connected to GND pdf-1000!!!!!!!:oh:

Secondly Frequency to the four coils and telescopic antenna.freqency is 32hz for gold.

This is question
How is it possible to send the ELF frequency of the telescopic antenna.this frq is very low.For such frequency to several kilometers antenna.
I think that PDF-1000 is a big lie
what is your opinion?

WM6
10-27-2015, 11:23 AM
what is your opinion?

You are free to be sure, that this senseless creation is pure scam.

mustefa ubram
10-27-2015, 11:39 AM
You are free to be sure, that this senseless creation is pure scam.
I am sure is a scam:|I want more friends comment.....

What do you think coil circuit?Maybe I am wrong.:oh::oh::oh::oh::oh:Perhaps the coil circuit is doing a great work:lol::lol:

WM6
10-27-2015, 05:54 PM
Coil circuit, according here presented drawing, is pure nonsense.

You can use Wheatstone bridge as antenna tuner, but it need to be drawn in working manner (in block diagram too), which this is not.

Probably intention of PDF-1000 was to reproduce this old patent on another way:

http://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/pages/US2268587-0.png

Mike(Mont)
11-28-2016, 02:24 PM
hi to all freinds:)
I checked again today pdf-1000 of fitzgerald.
I can not understand the function of this device.Enters to the amplifier frequency after divide.After it Enters frequency to the four coils and antenna.
It is significant point:
Rod connected to the ground is not frequency.The rod is connected to GND pdf-1000!!!!!!!:oh:

Secondly Frequency to the four coils and telescopic antenna.freqency is 32hz for gold.

This is question
How is it possible to send the ELF frequency of the telescopic antenna.this frq is very low.For such frequency to several kilometers antenna.
what is your opinion?

I talked to Bob Fitzgerald last week. He said the circuit Carl drew for the Mini-Eliminator II is not correct. Obviously he is not giving out info on this.

As you can see in the above photo that gimmick thing has two wires at that center component. Also it's the green wire that goes to the antenna, not the center component like what is labeled in the photo. So a question to ask is why this arrangement? Why is the center component surrounded by the inductors? Somehow this device is there to stabilize the signal during interference. If that is a magnet it somehow smooths out the magnetic spikes. The inductors pick that up and I suggest it is some sort of buffer like one of those anti water hammer devices on a water line. Well, anyway that's a whole lot better guess than what i have read here. And the unit does work in magnetic interference, at least what we had last week which was bouncing around the magnetometer.

Also, the Mini-Eliminator II i picked up does not look ANYTHING like what Carl describes in his bashing "report". It's very well built with SMT. Looks real nice inside. Man, Carl ought to work for some loser politician or the National Enquirer or ANY news media outlet. I take that back--they already have all the "help" they need. Better just stay where he is. Or as I would say, Take away the B.S. propaganda and there ain't much left. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty to go around on both sides of the aisle. That don't make it right to stoop low.

BTW, the unit I got looks like someone removed and then replaced that center component.

Mike(Mont)
11-28-2016, 04:23 PM
Before anybody tries to crucify me, I will say the unit I got looks different from the one Carl bashed. And I'm not even saying I like it. I had to replace the IC because it was drifting like three homeless TH'ers. Not being the most stable type, I about went over the edge. But the new IC really helped the problem. The FG part really needs a total make-over as far as I am concerned. Bob said the higher frequencies can accept some drift without problems, and it does hold real high freq's now. But I am spoiled with much more accurate set-up.

And I've been trying to get away from the "HELL-rods" as I now call them. :lol: Now that I think of it, the British have been calling them by that name all along and I just didn't realize it. Actually i was hoping to utilize some of Bob's features in a device I am working on, but I gave up on it as "non-compatible".

Mike(Mont)
11-28-2016, 05:22 PM
If you own one of Bob's units and can't get it to work, I highly suggest you take the time to learn the rods. The Mini II works pretty darned good. My opinion people who can't learn the rods are putting a hard focus on the rods. Try to look at something out in front of you and don't worry about the rods. Your awareness should be on your body response--look for a slight shock feeling. When the rods move you will know. Don't peek! That's hard to do and I have used the Lott's wife example--don't look!. The old saying about a watched pot never boils is true here. You can do it if you don't buy the propaganda that needs a spoon to eat because it's sooooo runny.

Mike(Mont)
11-29-2016, 02:48 AM
Correction in post #6. My keyboard sticks and is erratic. "and it does hold real high freq's now" is not what I meant. What I meant is the higher freq's hold real good now--meaning over a few hundred Hz.

I am impressed with the signal I get. It hits hard. I think the "Small" target size switch position is too sensitive unless conditions are bad. I told Bob he has my approval.

Mike(Mont)
11-29-2016, 03:50 PM
Since I'm on the rod thing, just a note here about "fresh" targets. If the target is not buried it is easy to locate. But if you bury it, it is still a fresh target but now it is difficult to locate. So if you are going to practice with a fresh target, it's best not to bury it.

Typically I feel the shock feeling in the palm of my left hand, but sometimes my whole body. i call it the ion buzz, but it's usually a flickering sensation, sort of like a malfunctioning neon light. That's where you want your awareness--definitely NOT on the rods. Of course it is easier to tilt the rod down an inch or so at the tip. If you feel the sensation, it really doesn't matter if the rod moves at first, so don't worry about it at all.

I've said for years that it takes much more practice time and effort than anyone will ever tell you. So don't get frustrated, just keep at it and you will get it. Remember, find something out in front of you to look at, then try to feel any body response. Don't even think about it. Also, i find it easier to walk in a straight line instead of a circle. So you may end up walking in a octagon pattern.

Mike(Mont)
11-30-2016, 03:33 PM
If you are brave and you know what you are doing and have the proper equipment, (especially the soldering iron must be the right type) here is a hack for the Mini II. Otherwise, you are a fool to attempt this. And I'm speaking from first hand experience on this one! I mean the fool part. LOL

Obviously follow all rules like using grounding strap to eliminate static, remove batteries, etc.
Carefully pull out the IC8038 then solder wires to the back of the board on terminal 9 (hot) and 11 (ground). Then hook up your own frequency generator. You will need to reattach batteries and turn on the unit and the FG. Mine works, but attempt this at your own peril. You can easily damage your unit and any tracings so use utmost caution AND DON'T BLAME ME. Obviously the manufacturer will not approve of this! Now you have the ability to set exact freq.

Probably should have given the background info first. I bought the Mini II used and it was worn out. The IC probably had gotten hot and the freq adjustment was loose. I replaced the IC and the pot was like $15 so I never ordered one. i had hoped to hook this up to a project I am working on, but it wasn't compatible. Anyway, I did this hack and now i really like it. But honestly I would never have touched this if all way working properly. Even as it was, I really had all sorts of apprehensions to "mess with it". But I did and it's good. So if yours is in working condition I really suggest you do not touch it.

Mike(Mont)
11-30-2016, 06:08 PM
If you can't use the rods, this hack will not help you. Probably make it worse for you. And unless you have testing equipment and excellent soldering skills just leave this one alone. Just not worth it to risk damage to your unit. And it will not help your confidence level at all if you are wondering if it got damaged. And I'll say it again, it is very easy to damage the tracings.

So a little more about using the rods. You can stand near the device and use one rod to do a sweep. Keep the rod, your arm, and your upper body all as one unit. Slowly move the rod (and your body) back and forth across the search area (do this several times) and watch for the rod to slow down or stop. Sometimes it will even reverse direction just before you get to the target. I know it's human nature if you don't get a response to lift the rod tip up to level. This is a big mistake. By angling the rod tip down an inch (2 cm) or so it will work much better and you can feel the hesitation much easier. And once you learn to recognize your body response, you can feel the slight shock when the rod is pointing at the target.

Also, the TRN works. I have a silver-plated dish I buried maybe two years ago. It does not give a signal until I hit the TRN.

Mike(Mont)
12-01-2016, 12:09 AM
I slapped it all together so now the freq generator is strapped onto the back of the unit. Talk about looking like a ticking time bomb. :lol: If i told the cops it was a device to find gold, silver, diamonds, and cash, I'm pretty sure they would claim I am unfit for trial and just lock me in the loony bin. :lol: Sometime I'll try to post a photo so everyone can get a good laugh. But it works and now I get an accurate freq. Think I'll hang on to this one. It's good.

Mike(Mont)
12-01-2016, 12:32 PM
I probably made this hack sound difficult. It's about as easy as can be IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING--just pull out the IC8038 and solder two wires to hook up to your freq generator.

And yeah, even the Mini II is a darned nice locator. i don't know who is spreading the propaganda here, but whoever they are they are doing a disservice to all who are interested in LRL's. Like I said, this one works in interference. Maybe not extreme interference (haven't had it long enough to find out), but I've used many locators and I am impressed. And now with the nicer FG hack, this thing is one sweet locator. :D

Mike(Mont)
12-01-2016, 03:10 PM
I need to say this: if you can't use L-rods, there is no reason to buy expensive equipment. If you already own a frequency locator, then learn the rods. i gave some simple instructions in this thread. Also, I know it is easy to get suckered into believing the negative propaganda. There is a special place in Hell for people who push that--right along side the LRL scammers to keep them company.

Mike(Mont)
12-02-2016, 04:45 PM
Look, I'm not trying to pick on Carl all that much. Yeah, well, some. Actually I have found some useful info in his bashing "reports". i also found that the Mini Eliminator he tested was an old model. The schematic is outdated for sure. Whatever the model I have, it's SMT and I don't think there is any way it was assembled wrong. And what little circuit tracing I was able to do with my pitifully weak electronics knowledge, it is not the same as Carl's schematic.

kaligula
08-10-2017, 10:38 PM
Pdf1000 is great and effective machine. You can say whatever you want and wander how it works and does it work, but I had try it and I know that us doing the job.:nono:

WM6
08-11-2017, 10:12 AM
Pdf1000 is great and effective machine. You can say whatever you want and wander how it works and does it work, but I had try it and I know that us doing the job.:nono:

Good for you - you are now rich man, having garage stocked with pure gold artefacts.

BTW, what mean "doing the job"?

Qiaozhi
08-11-2017, 07:41 PM
Good for you - you are now rich man, having garage stocked with pure gold artefacts.

BTW, what mean "doing the job"?
He means that it's done the job it was designed to do ... mining his wallet. :lol:

kaligula
08-12-2017, 05:41 AM
Ok, it's so simple, democratic society, everybody has right to make conclusions is something good or no. With respect to booth of you, but if you want to proof that lrl is not working, I disagree with you. I know what I know and I know that this machine is doing the job what is maked for.

kaligula
08-12-2017, 05:50 AM
Ok, it's so simple, democratic society, everybody has right to make conclusions is something good or no. With respect to booth of you, but if you want to proof that lrl is not working, I disagree with you. I know what I know and I know that this machine is doing the job what is maked for.

-By the way, can someone upload here user manuel for pdf1000. I need to read something about.
-Also I want to make exchange for Fisher tw6 if somebody is interested. I have the Fisher, but I'm not using it, so I want to change it for some other machine
-Thanks

Carl-NC
08-13-2017, 04:50 AM
I know what I know and I know that this machine is doing the job what is maked for.

What was it made for?

kaligula
08-13-2017, 06:52 AM
What was it made for?

You want to know, but you can't know if haven't learned until now. By the way, is your contest still active , I want to take place

kaligula
08-13-2017, 07:04 PM
You want to know, but you can't know if haven't learned until now. By the way, is your contest still active , I want to take place

I think wm6 lives near to me, so we can make test if you agree. Only I disagree with your rules for two things. First is that I want to make measurements from two or three different points( not only from one with targets around. This one will be the first point). The second disagree is why you allow to go to the target 3 meters away. I need to measure right at top of the target. For all the time you and your partner will be minimum 15 meters away from me.

WM6
08-16-2017, 09:15 AM
I think wm6 lives near to me, so we can make test if you agree. Only I disagree with your rules for two things. First is that I want to make measurements from two or three different points( not only from one with targets around. This one will be the first point). The second disagree is why you allow to go to the target 3 meters away. I need to measure right at top of the target. For all the time you and your partner will be minimum 15 meters away from me.

Probably you insist that target is buried by you or that you need to know where target is buried?
And maybe you disagree that testing terrain, where target is buried, is in size of football place?
Do you need metal detector "for pinpoint"?
15 m away? OK, but I will check first, if you have metal detector hidden in shoe sole.
Where are you from?

kaligula
08-16-2017, 11:58 AM
Probably you insist that target is buried by you or that you need to know where target is buried?
And maybe you disagree that testing terrain, where target is buried, is in size of football place?
Do you need metal detector "for pinpoint"?
15 m away? OK, but I will check first, if you have metal detector hidden in shoe sole.
Where are you from?
Makedonija. Nothing from that you say is not requested. On Carl site - geotech are writen rules. I wrote my requests in upper my post. Ill work with other instruments with principe of operation like with pdf 1000. You say that target is now burried, it's not long time ago.

RudolfTi
10-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Interesting info. I don't know nearly enough to comment on the technical stuff but it's certainly interesting to read what more informed people have to say on it.