PDA

View Full Version : Using Infrared Radiation for Thing is Ridiculous

goldfinder
02-11-2015, 10:08 PM
I keep seeing the use of infrared radiation (IR) as a method to detect treasure or buried objects long distance. IR is heat and heat does not penetrate more that a few inches into the ground. So it is useless as a THing tool since there will be nothing or close to nothing to distinguish between ambient soil temperature. rocks and other things would give false positives and the rockier the soil the less chance there is.

Now in an old house you might get some difference in something buried in the walls of the house but again, highly unlikely. A regular metal detector would do a better job.

I am an expert on IR as I worked with sensors that were used for military purposes so I know what I am talking about.
Goldfinder

Mike(Mont)
02-12-2015, 12:19 AM
Just curious are you talking about long wave IR like black body radiation? I've always wondered why the MFD's do not penetrate glass same as long wave IR. Of course short wave IR will penetrate. Dell always said the MFD signal line is magnetic. Pretty sure a magnet will penetrate glass. Please enlighten us.

FrancoItaly
02-12-2015, 10:12 AM
You think that the phenomenon of long range detecting is a derivation of the normal metal detecting but it is not, do not apply the laws of classical electromagnetism, an LRL reveals a side effect of a metal buried for a long time and not the metal itself. The fact that this phenomenon is so difficult to measure directly makes me think that in some way are involved Terahertz frequencies that are very close to the range of infrared and therefore such an infrared photography can highlight something different over a buried metal long compared to the surrounding environment.
Regards

WM6
02-12-2015, 03:23 PM
I am an expert on IR as I worked with sensors that were used for military purposes so I know what I am talking about.
Goldfinder

What sort of infrared military devices did you use, thermal scanners?

Thermal cameras are able to distinguish/detect subsurface thermo-conductive bodies from other surface environment. Not extremely deep, but it can. It was used this way in space observation too.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-13522957

goldfinder
02-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Just curious are you talking about long wave IR like black body radiation? I've always wondered why the MFD's do not penetrate glass same as long wave IR. Of course short wave IR will penetrate. Dell always said the MFD signal line is magnetic. Pretty sure a magnet will penetrate glass. Please enlighten us.

IR is basically heat energy. Electron wiggle due to the material being stimulated with IR waves is heat. The low freq end (long wave IR) is close to the microwave. The short wave IR moves up close to visible light (short wave IR). Makes no difference - still electron wiggle !

The EM spectrum http://www.darvill.clara.net/emag/

In either instance there is little penetration at either end. More at the long wave end.

Glass does transmit magnetic fields. Depending on the type of glass it may or may not transmit IR. Really good optical quartz glass is pretty transparent of most of the EM spectrum.

As to Dell's thoughts on MFD that signal is magnetic - I've run extremely sensitive magnetic analysis using detectors down in the Squid range and nothing, nada, zip as far as MFD devices being magnetic. HOWEVER -Gold for example is anti-magnetic. so a big cache of gold will push the earth's magnetic field lines out away from the gold. But try and see this minute push. Gold, in its natural state, is frequently found with iron - e.g. magnetite which is magnetic. So maybe that is what Dell is confusing w/ MFD. Tons of magnetic everywhere - even the beaches !

LRL for the most part are devices that really rely on dowsing. Once you move into this domain there are all kinds of factors involved. You can kiss off the EM spectrum once you do this. If Dell really had a device independent of dowsing lets hear from him. He could make a fortune with such a device; otherwise, I think he is simply a seller of dowsing devices. He lives in an old trailer in Florida. Obviously not a rich man.

The real problem with most of the treasure hunters and the MFD/LRL salesmen is they have no scientific background so con men can sell them MFD, LRLs based on bogus science.
Goldfinder

goldfinder
02-12-2015, 07:51 PM
You think that the phenomenon of long range detecting is a derivation of the normal metal detecting but it is not, do not apply the laws of classical electromagnetism, an LRL reveals a side effect of a metal buried for a long time and not the metal itself. The fact that this phenomenon is so difficult to measure directly makes me think that in some way are involved Terahertz frequencies that are very close to the range of infrared and therefore such an infrared photography can highlight something different over a buried metal long compared to the surrounding environment.
Regards

You don't know what I think. Your assertion doesn't even fit what I wrote.

If this TeraHertz is your theory then prove it or disprove it. Get yourself a detector in this range (THZ) and run some tests. The IR spectrum analyzers and cameras are not that expensive and you could easily run some tests.

I see lots of people on this site put out these various theories but no proof. Like my Dad used to say - BS makes the grass grow green!

Did anyone of you ever run some tests to prove or disprove these wild speculations. I did and most if these speculations have no validity.

There are likely ways to do LRL but probably not with the technology we currently have.
Goldfinder

Nicolas
02-12-2015, 08:56 PM
You don't know what I think. Your assertion doesn't even fit what I wrote.

If this TeraHertz is your theory then prove it or disprove it. Get yourself a detector in this range (THZ) and run some tests. The IR spectrum analyzers and cameras are not that expensive and you could easily run some tests.

I see lots of people on this site put out these various theories but no proof. Like my Dad used to say - BS makes the grass grow green!

Did anyone of you ever run some tests to prove or disprove these wild speculations. I did and most if these speculations have no validity.

There are likely ways to do LRL but probably not with the technology we currently have.
Goldfinder

Hi dear not be much worried relax please
We have make LRL with IR and work perfect
We know this technology to detect the phenomena

Mike(Mont)
02-12-2015, 09:59 PM
gf, you might be interested in Konstantin Meyl and scalar waves. Basically it is similar to witricity which uses the magnetic component. Add to this the work of Colin Keay geophysical electrophonics. Yeah, you need to develop sensitivity and that takes several weeks. But don't do it for me.

WM6
02-12-2015, 09:59 PM
In either instance there is little penetration at either end.

You do not understand basic about infrared detection. It is not about IR penetration at all.

Mike(Mont)
02-12-2015, 10:34 PM
gf, I gave you more credit than you deserve. Why do you preach the skeptic logic? I ain't here to defend Dell, but your attacking the way he lives is a sure sign you are grasping at straw. You really tipped your skeptic hand. I feel sorry for you but you made the choice.

FrancoItaly
02-13-2015, 09:43 AM
Hi goldfinder,
You're right, we should experiment in THZ range but for a hobbyist is difficult to access this technology.

Mike(Mont)
02-13-2015, 04:34 PM
The terahertz gap is between microwave and infrared. How is the t-hertz imaging through walls possible? Obviously it's not because it's such a small wavelength that it can squeeze through the cracks. The molecular structure of the wall or whatever must become a conductor. I ain't no scientist. Like the song goes "What a fool believes, the wise man has the power to reason away." In redneck speak that means full of B.S. LOL

Mike(Mont)
02-15-2015, 01:26 PM
Sorry for preaching about the skeptic mind. What a huge waste. And I'm speaking from first hand experience as I've been a skeptic most all my life. it took me a long time to rise above it, (okay only partially) to realize that most anything is possible if I keep a positive attitude. I call it the difference between Heaven and Hell. Of course we all have our weak times. Sometimes you just have to regroup. I also realize I am never going to convince a skeptic about anything, but I still try now and then. Just can't help myself sometimes, I take the bait. LOL.

Mike(Mont)
02-15-2015, 01:31 PM
One of my favorite sayings "If your heart is in it, you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal. If your heart is not in it, you will find a thousand excuses."

Sermon is over.

goldfinder
02-15-2015, 02:59 PM
I do believe that LRL of some kind will work. But not IR. Sure something close to surface with metal or different absorbancy to IR will show up. But most treasures and metal minerals are MUCH deeper. I live in an area where there are 1000s of treasure stories. I have checked out many of them with many types of detectors including IR. Nothing in that band!

As to Dell - He has made some great contributions for dowsing and has been wrongly villified. I was just saying he has never proven his ascertion that he has a non-dowsing method.

Meditation - do it every day. I highly recommend it. In the Great Silence is where it all is. The outer manifests from the Inner.
Goldfinder