PDA

View Full Version : Gold Reflects IR Frequency/Radiation Strongly?

AurumKid
10-30-2014, 03:34 AM
"Gold is a good conductor of heat and electricity and reflects infrared radiation strongly."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold

Is it possible that IR frequency bounce to a BURIED Gold. and this IR frequency will be detected by LRL tuned to IR Freq?

How about UV, Xray, Microwave, VHF, UHF, VHF etc?

Any comment from our Gurus and Engineers?

Best Regards

Mike(Mont)
10-30-2014, 06:06 PM
Don't know much about this, but different metals reflect different wavelength bands. Since gold is considered low emissivity (polished gold has much lower e) maybe a special mirror/filter could be used to filter out most other wavelengths so the gold (long wavelength) would still come through. Maybe a parabolic mirror. Wouldn't be surprised if those FLIR scanners have some sort of emissivity filter function.

Mike(Mont)
11-14-2014, 12:47 PM
Not studied up on IR but the idea with the IR photography was the gold radiates much slower so by early morning hours it is still radiating while other materials are not as much. So maybe you would want to hit the area with an IR source like with a flash or pulse.

AurumKid
11-14-2014, 12:59 PM
Thanks Mike
I have asked Mr.Barton, a Hunter from Philippines (Kaloy) and American Hunter ( I forgot his name) about IR photography and they said that its true using Digital Photography with IR Filter.

Have you tried using this IR photography?

Regards

Mike(Mont)
11-16-2014, 12:56 PM
If you want IR get one of those new scanners that hook to your smartphone FLIR ONE or SEEK Thermal.

IR camera filters are about like remote viewing--no way to know what you are seeing. You can photo shop any IR photo and make it look like there is something there.

Mike(Mont)
11-16-2014, 01:18 PM
Like I said, I know very little about IR and gold. I'm just using some knowledge about solar heating and black bodies and selective surfaces. Mainly the large radiation is at higher temperatures. Polished gold (why not call it refined gold?) or any polished surface is going to emit even slower. Probably also reflects better, too.

Mike(Mont)
11-16-2014, 01:24 PM
After thinking about it a bit, the idea of a flash or pulse is probably not going to be detected by those IR scanners because they receive long wave IR radiation. But I am just guessing on this one.

Mike(Mont)
11-29-2014, 12:15 PM
Sorry, but I am not up on what materials reflect what wavelengths. A thermal camera detects long wave IR and that does not matter if it comes from a reflection. That is, if you look at yourself in the mirror with a thermal camera you will get a weak reflection from the body heat. Other surfaces might give a stronger reflection. That alone tells me it is the surface that is a bigger factor more than the actual material.

As I recall, if gold is buried in dry sand it holds the heat longer. Heat conduction is low. If it's in damp ground it sure seems like it is not going to work as the heat will be drawn away too fast. Even if it's in an insulated container, the amount of heat escaping is going to be so low as to not be able to detect it. I must be wrong here somewhere.

nelson
12-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Hi
I have done a few experiments with IR photography and after procesing the pictures i have found some sings that can be or can not be an evidence of IR reflection from metals. I said this because the targets i tested are not to old and also the image software procesing can also confuse you to see something that is not a real gold or silver aura.

So far this summer i will try it again

Regards

Nelson

Not studied up on IR but the idea with the IR photography was the gold radiates much slower so by early morning hours it is still radiating while other materials are not as much. So maybe you would want to hit the area with an IR source like with a flash or pulse.