PDA

View Full Version : Owners of Crypton OBMD-2

nelson
08-25-2014, 01:56 PM
Hi
I start this post to know and exchange experiencies with Crypton OBMD-2 owners.

I own a Crypton OBMD-2 Demo version that until now is showing no detection. I now this is may be due to a unit that has not implemented all the futures that real version has on it.

Latest quakes in my country damage my Crypton unit when it falls from a desk. Generaly speaking Crypton show no broken parts on the pcb and entire circuit and just the wood box suffer some minor damage from outside that i fixed.

Has you may know this accident allow me to see whats inside the box and has i toll Andreas, it looks like in my unit the IR sensor is not working. This was before the fall from the desk. Andreas toll me to send the unit back to Greece for an upgrade and replacement of the IR sensor, but this will not be possible by now because is to expensive to send the unit back and i have the risk to lost the item white it goes to Greece or back to my country.

All in all i decided to try to fix the unit by my own, because the circuit is not complicated and i m shure this can be fixed by my self.

One of the things i noted comparing my unit with original version, is that when you turn off the unit the original version emitts a fade sound until stops. Mine does not do this sound it just stop.

Also when you set up the unit and starts to search crypton emitts some alternate and irregular sound, for example it can stay quiet for a white not moving the unit and after a few seconds emitts one beep, two beeps a train of beeps and then stops and stay quiet. This shows that the unit is unstable comparing with the original models show on videos.

Inside the box there are two trimmers one for selecting the country intensity that is place on front panel and must be adjusted with a plastic screw driver just once. Also i found a trimmer that has something to do with IR stage and looks like some kind of gain or tunning.

My unit has three know on the front panel, one for tunning the unit on and off, the second that acts for main gain and the thrid that is a fine tunning.

Whell i just need to share opinions and comments about Crypton users.

Best regards

Nelson

nlepet@gmail.com

nelson
08-25-2014, 02:12 PM
This is whats inside the box. Does any Crypton users have the same thing?

I hope any expert can help me to found how to let fix my unit to work same has original OBMD-2

WM6
08-25-2014, 05:16 PM
Will never work, dear nelson, cause you are on wrong continent.
Then, too low humidity can left transmission lines empty, as well earthquake lead to broken earth ions channel.
You need at least 10 years to cure all this bad environments conditions.

nelson
08-25-2014, 08:52 PM
Thanks WM6 for your comments.
I just need to see if this can work or not, cause i have PDK working, so i think crypton could also do the job.
Thanks again for your time
Nelson

Will never work, dear nelson, cause you are on wrong continent.
Then, too low humidity can left transmission lines empty, as well earthquake lead to broken earth ions channel.
You need at least 10 years to cure all this bad environments conditions.

nelson
08-30-2014, 08:17 PM
Hi friends
This is crypton inside
I just need to share information to fix my demo version of crypton OBMD 2
All comments to my email please nlepet@gmail.com

This is whats inside the box. Does any Crypton users have the same thing?

I hope any expert can help me to found how to let fix my unit to work same has original OBMD-2

Bill512
08-31-2014, 10:27 AM
Hi friends
This is crypton inside
I just need to share information to fix my demo version of crypton OBMD 2
All comments to my email please nlepet@gmail.com
your images are not visible, (at least to me).

Tim Williams
08-31-2014, 11:51 PM
I can say that my obmd-2 has located 2 brass targets. No gold or silver yet. If your unit fell and hit hard enough to crack the box open, I would think that the sensor has shifted and is out of alinement. You can verify this with Crypton. I would send it in so he and aline and repair box.

Tim

nelson
09-01-2014, 01:03 PM
Sorry i think the problem is my office computer that donĀ“t allow me to send you pictures.

I will try to re send pictures later
Regards
Nelson

your images are not visible, (at least to me).