PDA

View Full Version : Basis passive detector

mustefa ubram
07-24-2014, 07:45 PM
hi to all
I am busy designing a long range locator Based on passive detector .but i need to info about Basis passive detector .Please guide me about passive detectors.
Why is named passive detector?
what is passive detectors?
What do they reveal?
for example this schematic of nicolas :

FrancoItaly
07-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Hi Mustefa

A passive receiver only amplifies a signal, there is not a transmitter; it can be tuned to a single frequency or broadband , I think for use as LRL (as in my LRL and I think in the PD and in the other) is required internal oscillator that serves as a reference. In practice, the "phenomenon" acts on the internal signal which is then amplified. In the Alonzo PD the only "Lrl part" is the ferrite stage, the ferrite is "tuned" in null mode and the TR stage with TR coil is the reference signal. If the trasmitted signal is too strong it can decrease the sensitivity. In the Alonzo PD many parts are not necessary. The only critical part in a lrl is where the "phenomenon" interacts with the passive receiver, the PD is the ferrite, in my is the 3 turns coil and the stylus antenna.

Best Regards

Nicolas
07-27-2014, 06:45 PM
Hi Mustefa you can test it

here the scheme tested with 68kHz

king40
07-28-2014, 08:25 PM
Hi nic
You tested this schematic and worked ?
We can use this for test any frequency ?

Nicolas
07-28-2014, 10:46 PM
Hi nic
You tested this schematic and worked ?
We can use this for test any frequency ?

Yes my friend I have tested it and work. But I not know if it work in your country. but If not work need find the real frequency in your country to tune it.

You must try it in your field test

king40
07-29-2014, 06:22 AM
It need tx or working without tx ?

Nicolas
07-29-2014, 07:12 AM
It need tx or working without tx ?

Only Rx receiver not need transmitter dear friend. we have all world much transmitters then not need that.We need only receiver to receive the resonate frequency or phenomena.

You can read this:

All metals specified above form a static electric field around themselves that can be detected from the ground surface. The distance of detection varies according to size, conductivity, depth and period of stay underground. Metals with high conductivity, such as gold and silver, are detected more easily since they form a larger electric field and the device can locate them from a distance.

Induced currents produce secondary electromagnetic fields, which can be detected on the ground surface through amplified deviations of the normal field woth very low frequency. Electrons also travel in a wave that can be located from distance. The highest reading over an object visibly stands out from neutral ground.

king40
07-29-2014, 05:52 PM
Thanks nicolas
I start to build
Vr1 for battery low
Vr2 for what ?

Nicolas
07-29-2014, 07:08 PM
Thanks nicolas
I start to build
Vr1 for battery low
Vr2 for what ?

VR2 is an POT potentiometer value 22K or 47k for tuning your PDK

king40
07-29-2014, 10:38 PM
Thank
I better use normally coil or ferrite antenna ?,

mustefa ubram
08-03-2014, 09:28 AM
Thank
I better use normally coil or ferrite antenna ?,
hi king40
We need to sense electromagnetic.i think feritte antenna is the best .

mustefa ubram
08-03-2014, 09:53 AM
hi
Is this reasoning correct?
How is the position of the transmitter coil relative to the antenna ferrite?Top? bottom? Left?right?

WM6
08-03-2014, 01:43 PM
hi
Is this reasoning correct?
How is the position of the transmitter coil relative to the antenna ferrite?Top? bottom? Left?right?

In principle correct, but, do you know, how to exclude direct impact TX coil signal to RX stage?

And of course: battery supplied receiver cannot be named "passive detector", cause it if very active (at least in amplification). It is simply "receiver".

mustefa ubram
08-03-2014, 05:00 PM
In principle correct, but, do you know, how to exclude direct impact TX coil signal to RX stage?
I think controlling the output power of the transmitter And adjusting the ferrite with tx coil.
this is new circuit of passive detector:

WM6
08-03-2014, 06:39 PM
I think controlling the output power of the transmitter And adjusting the ferrite with tx coil.
this is new circuit of passive detector:

By controlling transmit power you imply mainly to induced amplitude in RX coil, but at the same time to damping useful signal too. So this is not real solution. But in principle we do not need big power too.

By adjusting RX coil (coil on ferrite rod) position in regard to TX coil position is right approach.

In fact you need to null out TX signal from your RX front-end (RX coil) much like we do in case of IB DD coils.

For better results RX windings on ferrite should not be to long. Ferrite centered to TX coil position. Best to make 2 or 3 TX coil with different diameter and chose combination with best results.

Your drawing is excellent basis to represent this nulling procedure:

http://i58.tinypic.com/igc7bo.jpg

mustefa ubram
08-03-2014, 06:54 PM
By controlling transmit power you imply mainly to induced amplitude in RX coil, but at the same time to damping useful signal too. So this is not real solution. But in principle we do not need big power too.

By adjusting RX coil (coil on ferrite rod) position in regard to TX coil position is right approach.

In fact you need to null out TX signal from your RX front-end (RX coil) much like we do in case of IB DD coils.

For better results RX windings on ferrite should not be to long. Ferrite centered to TX coil position. Best to make 2 or 3 TX coil with different diameter and chose combination with best results.

Your drawing is excellent basis to represent this nulling procedure:

http://i58.tinypic.com/igc7bo.jpg
tank you very much wm6
wm6 Require a specific frequency for finding non-magnetic metals?for example gold frq X or silver frq Y?Or with a frequency non-magnetic metals can be revealed?

FrancoItaly
08-04-2014, 10:18 AM
Hi Mustefa
If I remember well the ferrite has 2 coils in series to get a null point.

Best Regards

mustefa ubram
08-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Hi Mustefa
If I remember well the ferrite has 2 coils in series to get a null point.

Best Regards

tank you franco
Can you explain a little more about it?
for example:ยป How is it possible to use two coils in nicolas circuit use of 2 coils in series to get a null point?
What is your mean?

nelson
08-04-2014, 03:55 PM
To null two coils you need a passive receiver and also the transmitter.
The pdk schematic you show is from pdk passive receiver (one coil) The second coil is for the transmitter is not show in this schematic.

mustefa ubram
08-04-2014, 06:09 PM
tank you freinds
one question :
Require a specific frequency for finding non-magnetic metals?for example gold frq X or silver frq Y?Or with a frequency non-magnetic metals can be revealed?

WM6
08-04-2014, 06:49 PM
There is no such differentiating frequency.

mustefa ubram
08-05-2014, 05:52 PM
There is no such differentiating frequency.
Today I built a passive receiver.I was able to reveal a gold ring at a distance of 10 cm.I could detect a iron the same frequency.What do you think?

king40
08-05-2014, 06:05 PM
One question here is :
What is the relationship between tx and rx ?
Tx stage must generate special frequent until Rx works?

WM6
08-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Today I built a passive receiver.I was able to reveal a gold ring at a distance of 10 cm.I could detect a iron the same frequency.What do you think?

You successfully build IB detection prototype. There are always space for improvement.

mustefa ubram
08-06-2014, 04:02 PM
You successfully build IB detection prototype. There are always space for improvement.
What I need to do is just practice for the detection of non-magnetic metals?
Whether need a certain frequency?
Please help me in this regard

mustefa ubram
08-06-2014, 05:36 PM
What I need to do is just practice for the detection of non-magnetic metals?
Whether need a certain frequency?
Is my understanding of how it works of passive reciver and transmitter?(As shown in Figure)
Please help me in this regard

anonymouse
08-07-2014, 05:44 AM
Hi Dear Mustefa

please share your passive detector information to all,

best regards

Nicolas
08-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Hi dear Mustefa
If you need use an transmitter with the part of Alonso passive receiver.

I advice you to add the transmitter designed by our Colleagues Andreas in her Clone Alonso PD Is so better

Look in her Topic this

http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18956

http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/showpost.php?p=148285&postcount=30
http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/showpost.php?p=148300&postcount=39

http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/showpost.php?p=148643&postcount=116

http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18742&stc=1&d=1390508967

http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18806&stc=1&d=1391887273

Or you can use transmitter 433MHZ. I have try it and work with this scheme but I need find solution for design box for the O coil

Maybe I think have solution like the mole prospector with Round tube diameter 100mm I advice you to use this for box with ferrite and omega coil or DD coils like advice by WM6 said you

http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/showpost.php?p=148294&postcount=34

http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18738&stc=1&d=1390433106

Good wish for you

mustefa ubram
08-13-2014, 01:59 PM
hi
I used two coils as shown
.I found a zero point and the telescopic antenna transmitter coil.I'll readily apparent on the mobile wave telescopic antenna of 1 m.My frequency is 65khz
Do you think it's reveals the electromagnetic waves (emf) of buried metal?

WM6
08-13-2014, 03:36 PM
Is telescopic antenna in this scheme galvanic connected to RX circuit or its role here is only as metallic core of RX coil?

mustefa ubram
08-13-2014, 05:23 PM
Is telescopic antenna in this scheme galvanic connected to RX circuit or its role here is only as metallic core of RX coil?
Telescopic antenna as the core for RX.Not connected to anything
dear freind What do you think?

WM6
08-13-2014, 10:42 PM
Telescopic antenna as the core for RX.Not connected to anything
dear freind What do you think?

I cannot see how telescopic antenna in such configuration can be effective. By changing its length you can rich small and not significant changes in inductance of coil depend of material of such antenna. But what can be goal of this apart from visual?

If antenna is connected to coil (probably cored by ferrite), then you can think about its polarization in regard to coil polarization. In your present design it is in opposite polarization to coil and target signal can be totally suppressed by coil. Visual such "space pistol" design rules, bot not electronically.

FrancoItaly
08-14-2014, 09:26 AM
Hi All
According to me in the functioning of lrls we have an electric field that is detected by the telescopic antenna and this electric field is induced by the "phenomenon" that probably covers a wide range of frequencies. In the front end of lrls there is a sort of demodulator that modifies some parameters of the high gain amplifier. I may add that, according to me, the phenomenon exists even without sepolt metals, it is the compass/sky effect. A metal buried for a long time adds its own signature to the phenomenon, perhaps enhances or decreases a parameter. The operating frequency of the lrls has little importance because as I said the transformation or revelation of the phenomenon takes place at the input of lrls.

Best Regards

mustefa ubram
08-14-2014, 02:30 PM
hi to all freinds
this is first video of first pd detector with passive detector and transmitter
I can reveal the gold ring of 10 cm.Is this true?
I do not know how to test:frown:.How do I use it in practice:frown:
, please advise?
MY FIRST VIDEO LINK (http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00608250753189915042)

FrancoItaly
08-14-2014, 03:41 PM
Hi Mustefa
As I have said on other occasions you need to have a place where you can make test, some target of gold or silver that must be buried for a month or more. A gold ring at 10cm does not mean anything. A lrl is not a metal detector. My lrl doesn't sense a coin at 1cm.

Best Regards

Nicolas
08-15-2014, 01:38 PM
Hi Mustefa
As I have said on other occasions you need to have a place where you can make test, some target of gold or silver that must be buried for a month or more. A gold ring at 10cm does not mean anything. A lrl is not a metal detector. My lrl doesn't sense a coin at 1cm.

Best Regards

Hi dear Mustefa thanks brother.

Same who told you FrancoItaly. and A lrl is not a metal detector is Right I m totally Agree

WM6
08-15-2014, 02:14 PM
Hi dear Mustefa thanks brother.

A lrl is not a metal detector

Same who told you FrancoItaly. and is Right I m totally Agree

Me too, present LRLs are Nothing Detectors.

If you wish to detect something, you still need a metal detector along with your dowsing rods (wooden or electronic)

mustefa ubram
08-15-2014, 02:16 PM
tank you dear frenids
Can I use to get the proper frequency variable of signal Generator?And I change the frequency on the desired location?
I buried three months ago, two copper bowls.How can I test in this place?

FrancoItaly
08-15-2014, 03:07 PM
You need to put in about 10m south of the target and then you have to get close, at some point the signal should increase or may decrease (depending on the type of LRL)

Best Regards

mustefa ubram
08-15-2014, 03:32 PM
You need to put in about 10m south of the target and then you have to get close, at some point the signal should increase or may decrease (depending on the type of LRL)

Best Regards
tank you franco
You think my pd can reveal copper with any frq?

FrancoItaly
08-15-2014, 03:43 PM
Yes I think that the frequence isn't important.

mustefa ubram
08-15-2014, 03:49 PM
Yes I think that the frequence isn't important.
tank you dear franco

FrancoItaly
08-15-2014, 03:55 PM
A test that you can make is if with max sensitivity you sense the compass effect. If not I think that you have too low gain.

mustefa ubram
08-15-2014, 04:18 PM
A test that you can make is if with max sensitivity you sense the compass effect
How Franco?

FrancoItaly
08-15-2014, 04:32 PM
You must go in open air and turn your lrl around 360 degrees, with the compass effect you have a signal when you are near north or south direction.

mustefa ubram
08-15-2014, 07:20 PM
You must go in open air and turn your lrl around 360 degrees, with the compass effect you have a signal when you are near north or south direction.
tank you franco
How can an artificial magnetic field like Earth's magnetic field to build?For testing in lab electeronic?
i have a small electeronic lab with Equipment

FrancoItaly
08-16-2014, 10:01 AM
You cannot test your lrl in lab, you must go in open air.

detectoman
08-21-2014, 05:40 PM
we havent a own farm away the city lines electrician lines, then isnt possible what try the aparatus lrl each time
para nosotros es dificil calibrar un lrl, due:
nosotros no tenemos nuestro propio rancho alejado de las lineas electricas de la ciudad, entonces no es posible que pruebanos los lrl a cada instante

esteban vivejunto a un rancho alejado de la ciudad y pudo probar a cada minuto sus lrl por eso tuvo exito, andreas tambien tiene selva junto a su casa y no existen ahi lineas de alta tension cercas y puede probar sus aparatos, nosotros no, ya que los lugares de prueba quedan muy lejos ;)