PDA

View Full Version : Geotagging

Mike(Mont)
02-17-2014, 04:57 PM
I went to a talk by an FBI agent about Internet crime. All the tracking software available is alarming. Geotaggging is the GPS coordinates are embedded in the photos or texts sent by cell phones or other devices. And like I've always said, you NEVER know who you are dealing with on the internet. The FBI agent talked about a guy they caught in Arizona, he was from Montana. He had a map that was marked with the GPS points of a guy he was looking for--everywhere the guy had been. They caught him before he found the guy, but I suspect many people are not going to be so lucky. The reason this guy was after the other guy? Just because he quit replying to his posts. He was probably going to kidnap, rape and murder the guy. And the naive people who post photos of their treasure site probably don't realize they are giving away the location. These bogus "map dowsers" are always asking for photos of the site. Like I said. you NEVER know who you are dealing with. This forum, too. Full of alias identities. Many of them are multiple alias'. BEWARE.

WM6
02-17-2014, 05:12 PM
the naive people who post photos of their treasure site probably don't realize they are giving away the location.

BEWARE.

Luckily such "treasure site" are so rare, that there are no danger to use LRL along with GPS.

Qiaozhi
02-17-2014, 07:39 PM
Like I said. you NEVER know who you are dealing with. This forum, too. Full of alias identities. Many of them are multiple alias'. BEWARE.
There's nothing like a good conspiracy theory. :D