PDA

View Full Version : Vector Trek (Fitzgerald's) Frequency Sheet

Tigera
02-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Hi guys,
I heard Fitzgerald's LRLs uses some kind of strange frequencies i mean the range of the freq is some kind of weird!!

Does any one any freq sheet of "Navogtaor" , "TrailBlazer" or "Mini Eliminator II" ?

Where I can find precios metal freq in range of 5Khz-50Khz??:help:

Qiaozhi
02-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Hi guys,
I heard Fitzgerald's LRLs uses some kind of strange frequencies i mean the range of the freq is some kind of weird!!

Does any one any freq sheet of "Navogtaor" , "TrailBlazer" or "Mini Eliminator II" ?

Read this before you spend any money -> Vector Trek Mini Eliminator II (http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/pages/common/index.pl?page=lrl&file=reports/me2/index.dat)

goldfinder
02-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Save your money
Listen all you LRL MFDs nuts. Don't waste your money on these ripoffs. You can get a really nice off-the-shelf signal generator that you can set to any frequency you like and its useful for your electronics labs too!
Goldfinder

Here in one. There are many others on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5MHz-DDS-Function-Signal-Generator-Source-Module-Wave-/320702243129?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aab57e139

Dell Winders
02-06-2014, 12:28 AM
Read this before you spend any money -> Vector Trek Mini Eliminator II (http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/pages/common/index.pl?page=lrl&file=reports/me2/index.dat)

Fitzgerald's web site declares, "The locators are built by some of the best engineers in the USA and are professional grade." The design and workmanship of the Mini Eliminator II indicates that the engineers Fitzgerald relies on are incompetent.

Tigera, I don't think Qiaozhi, even considered your question, let alone provide a usable answer. As the forum's resident make believe Psychoanalyst, Dave J, might put it, read Carl's advertisement promoting his own ego. It implies that he is a more competent, and of superior intelligence than any of the many EE's, and tech's that manufacture Frequency Discrimination LRL in the world.

The question is, do the products in question actually work in the field? My answer is "Yes", to a degree,but definitely not as they are advertised with the buyers success being pretty much dependent on operator understanding of the products limitations and best survey procedures. Many LRL manufacturers & sellers won't tell you any of this in their advertising, or instructions. Operator knowledge & experience are key to success in the use of LRL's. LRL's are merely a tool and have no intelligence of their own. These products are only as good as the knowledge & experience of the person(s) using them.

I may be the only person here with the field experience qualified to answer your question? I'll try.

When I first introduced the concept of LR Frequency Discrimination to the market in 1986 the frequencies I used were calculated for me by the Professor of a small college in Florida. 5.0 Khz for Gold, and 8.7 Khz for Silver, are not the actual frequencies for Gold & Silver. They are sub harmonic frequencies. There are many sub harmonics up and down, high and low on the Frequency range that will work. It is not logical to my thinking but I learned through experience that the same frequency that broadcasts well from some Frequency Generators may not broadcast in all frequency generator circuits. Something to consider if you are having problems.

Using 5.0 Khz for Gold allows for signal drift of about 5 hz on either side in which it will still detect Gold, but not as strong the farther the frequency drifts, or moved off the primary frequency. Going too far off the primary frequency can result in detecting elements other than Gold. There are survey procedures used in the field that circumvent this , and other problems.

5.0 Khz may broadcast well with some FG circuit configurations, but may not work with other FG circuit configurations. Something to consider if you are having problems

Lower frequencies discriminate better but are more exacting having less to 0 latitude for tuning. For example, I use a micro controller programmed to a frequency of 224 hz for Gold, which works well with my circuitry. 5.0 Khz does not work.

Most of the frequencies you see posted are acquired by trial & error testing, which is fine, but what I have seen is that when a frequency works on a specific target, the testing ends without any further testing in varied locations and conditions to know if the frequency is consistent and not generating false positives. This lack of repeated field testing of LRL frequencies by manufacturers has resulted in the validity of the frequencies being reduced to mere guessing.

I hope this information is helpful. Dell

Tigera
02-06-2014, 06:08 AM
Hey Guys!
"Qiaozhi" I've already read about [Vector Trek Mini Eliminator II] before and all about Fitzgerald's locators before on net.Please Read question before answer it :D

I'm just looking for Fitzgerald's Frequencies specially their new products.I've heard Navigator has more than 200 freq even uranium,oil,....

Thanks "Dell Winders", useful information !:rolleyes:

I've heard Navigator High size gold freq is about 1.4 Mhz !! it should detect super tiny size but it's for HIGH size !!!

Where Can I find Different freq for gold especially the one above 5 KHZ?

Qiaozhi
02-06-2014, 07:37 AM
Hey Guys!
"Qiaozhi" I've already read about [Vector Trek Mini Eliminator II] before and all about Fitzgerald's locators before on net.Please Read question before answer it :D
Hmmm ... so you've read the article, and all about Fitzgerald's locators. But did you comprehend what you were reading?

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink. :frown:

Don't get led into the dark side by Dell, or you could be lost forever.

Tigera
02-06-2014, 07:56 AM
Hmmm ... so you've read the article, and all about Fitzgerald's locators. But did you comprehend what you were reading?

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink. :frown:

Don't get led into the dark side by Dell, or you could be lost forever.

Dear horse!
It seem you Can't understand what i asked!
I just asked about FREQUENCY = F.R.E.Q.U.E.N.C.Y

Does I said any thing about Purchase Fitzgerald's locators?

You Can Ride A horse but you can't ask it about freqency!

Dell Winders
02-06-2014, 08:52 AM
Tigera, it's been a long time and I don't remember the Frequencies Neil Pagel used in Fitzgeralds, locators,so I am of no help.

You might wish to contact Tim Williams, at http://lrlman.com He may be able to help you. Dell

Tigera
02-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Thank you very much.:D:cheers:

hung
02-06-2014, 10:19 AM
Dear horse!

You Can Ride A horse but you can't ask it about freqency!

Ouch!
Have I read right, that Ozzy was compared to a horse?? :lol:

Mike(Mont)
02-06-2014, 05:20 PM
I tried the 1.4MHz but it didn't work on my small target, and I don't have any gold bars handy since I lost my get-in-free pass to Fort Knox. I have used 5.007KHz at least on test targets. Other higher freq's are 9.120KHz but it's weak as far as i am concerned. Dell's 224Hz works and some of Tim's work, too. Others say anywhere from 5-5.5 KHz but hasn't worked for me.

Qiaozhi
02-06-2014, 10:19 PM

Nowhere did I suggest that you were planning to buy one of Fitzgerald's useless contraptions. I only said that you should read the article before spending any money.
It is now obvious that you did not comprehend what you were reading, and for some reason are still trying to find out the frequencies used in this non-working device. Why this is, goodness knows?

As you are refusing to accept advice, then I urge you to spend as much money as possible, either purchasing one of Fitzgerald's "locators", or attempting to build a clone. The more you spend, the more education you will receive.

Nicolas
02-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Hi guys,

If I good understand you

I give you shema for generator 8038 and you can chooce your frequency need

The circuit here presents an Oscillator featuring the following attributes:

1.1A guaranteed output current for sine and triangle waves with thermal shutdown and protection diodes
Variable offset and gain for the sine/triangle output
CMOS-compatible complementary square wave outputs capable of driving into 50 Ohm with rise/fall times of 30ns at 10V (new in Rev 3).
Frequency range 0.5Hz to 300 kHz (but signal degenerates when approaching the upper frequency limit)
Single supply operation, 5V to 15V
About 50% duty cycle (non-precision and adjustable via a trim pot)

The ICL8038 and all parts around on the lower half of the sheet make up the actual oscillator which is a modified design based on one of the application examples in Intersil's data sheet. There is a large 6-stage switch (S1) to select the major frequency and a logarithmic potentiometer (R2) for minor frequency selection.
I discourage implementing the oscillator as shown in the above sheet because most of the other potentiometers turned out to be without significant enough effect on the output wave form to jusify their application. Furthermore, duty cycle adjustment will not keep a 50% ratio over all frequencies.
The switch S2 is used to choose between sine and triangle wave for the high-current amplifier.
The CD4030 on the left top is used as CMOS-logic signal preconditioning feeding the MOSFET driver IC ICL7667 as output stage for the complementary square wave output. The application of the two XOR gates has the advantage that it can supply a sqare wave and its complement without time offset between them (because CMOS has balanced raise and fall times). Use a bypass capacitor near the ICL7667 device as it can draw quite strong currents and is capable of driving into 50 Ohm up to at least 10V resulting in rise/fall times of 30ns. So, I'm now entirely satisfied with the digital output.
The industry-standard LM741 in combination with R11 is used to adjust the sine/triangle offset level. (Hint: You should probably use something better here - especially more output current cannot hurt.) Since this oscillator is single-supply, it comes handy that you can change the "zero level" of the wave output; you will normally adjust that to half of the supply voltage. R11 is meant to be available to the user.
The actual sine/triangle output amplifier was a bit hard to find because it should be able to drive 1A while still not degenerating signal wave form at some hundred kHz. After some searching, I found the ADSL line driver LT1210 from Linear Technology (http://www.linear.com). Being an ADSL line driver, it has a high GBP and high slew rate while providing the required output current (1.1A guaranteed) at all frequencies in question. The part can be obtained e.g. from Bürklin.
It turned out that this quick current feedback amplifier required very good DC decoupling/bypassing capacitors in order not to start oscillating of its own (at frequencies up to 40MHz). It took me a lot of time to get it work properly; but once that is achieved, the amplifier shows very good performance. (Note: The current implementation is not yet perfect as I noted some months later: It may still start oscillating for parts of the period when driving some special loads.)
R18 is used to trim the VCO output offset from the ICL8038 (about half supply voltage). R12 is meant for the user as gain adjustment to tune the sine/triangle amplitude from zero to more than supply voltage (resulting in wave tips being cut off). The maximum gain is trimmed by R13/R14 and care sould be taken to use proper values (consult LT1210's data sheet for details).

Dell Winders
02-06-2014, 11:43 PM
Nowhere did I suggest that you were planning to buy one of Fitzgerald's useless contraptions. I only said that you should read the article before spending any money.
It is now obvious that you did not comprehend what you were reading, and for some reason are still trying to find out the frequencies used in this non-working device. Why this is, goodness knows?

As you are refusing to accept advice, then I urge you to spend as much money as possible, either purchasing one of Fitzgerald's "locators", or attempting to build a clone. The more you spend, the more education you will receive.

Take your meds Qiaozhi, and quit butting in. Who cares about your rants? Your prejudice is showing. Dell

Qiaozhi
02-07-2014, 09:56 AM
Take your meds Qiaozhi, and quit butting in. Who cares about your rants? Your prejudice is showing. Dell
Do you have a list of standard sentences that you select at random and insert into your posts?

If not, then I suggest you create such a list; as it would save you a lot of time repeatedly typing the same thing. :D

Tigera
02-07-2014, 01:41 PM
Do you have a list of standard sentences that you select at random and insert into your posts?

If not, then I suggest you create such a list; as it would save you a lot of time repeatedly typing the same thing. :D

Qiaozhi! If you don't have any idea about post (Some Thing really is related to the post), PLEASE DO NOT REPLY!! THANKS !!

Tigera
02-07-2014, 01:44 PM
I tried the 1.4MHz but it didn't work on my small target, and I don't have any gold bars handy since I lost my get-in-free pass to Fort Knox. I have used 5.007KHz at least on test targets. Other higher freq's are 9.120KHz but it's weak as far as i am concerned. Dell's 224Hz works and some of Tim's work, too. Others say anywhere from 5-5.5 KHz but hasn't worked for me.

Thanks Mike! These freq were really useful! especially the 1.4 MHZ :D!

Tigera
02-07-2014, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=Nicolas;148585]If I good understand you

Thank you too much Nicolas,But I just want frequencies that are in Khz (especially above 10Khz)

I have some freq but all of them are in Mhz, Where Can I find freq in Khz?

And If i need a function generator,these days u can find cheap DDS ones on ebay
Like:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DDS-Function-Signal-Generator-Module-1HZ-500KHz-Sine-Triangle-Square-Wave-w-case-/370987464242?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5660937632

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UDB1108-8MHz-DDS-Function-Signal-Generator-Module-With-Shell-/161100316625?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item258253bfd1

But thanks any way:D

king40
02-07-2014, 01:56 PM
Thanks Mike! These freq were really useful! especially the 1.4 MHZ :D!
1.4 mhz for gold?:shocked:

Tigera
02-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Yes! but its only detect High size Gold!

king40
02-07-2014, 02:09 PM
you test your idea:cool:

Mike(Mont)
02-07-2014, 02:25 PM
I don't know anything about the 1.4 MHz. Never heard of it before this. If it is only for large targets, then it might be possible to increase it somewhat so it picks up smaller targets. I will see if I can find something.

Nicolas
02-07-2014, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=Nicolas;148585]If I good understand you

Thank you too much Nicolas,But I just want frequencies that are in Khz (especially above 10Khz)

I have some freq but all of them are in Mhz, Where Can I find freq in Khz?

And If i need a function generator,these days u can find cheap DDS ones on ebay
Like:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DDS-Function-Signal-Generator-Module-1HZ-500KHz-Sine-Triangle-Square-Wave-w-case-/370987464242?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5660937632

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UDB1108-8MHz-DDS-Function-Signal-Generator-Module-With-Shell-/161100316625?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item258253bfd1

But thanks any way:D

Oh my dear

look here these range please

Output frequency range:

sine wave: 1Hz-500KHz

Square-wave: 1 Hz - 20kHz (the valid range)

Triangle wave :1 Hz - 20KHz (the valid range)

Sawtooth wave :1 Hz ~ 20kHz (the valid range)

You can chooce your frequency. with pot or by select my friend

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FUNCTION-GENERATOR-FG8002/201029794753?_trksid=p2047675.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D333005%26algo%3DRIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%2 6asc%3D177%26meid%3D4670051568686848040%26pid%3D10 0009%26prg%3D1088%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D370987 464242%26

Tigera
02-07-2014, 02:37 PM
I Attached The Freqencies.

Please test and report me.If any ones have any other freq (Especially the high ones[Mhz or Khz] ) please send it for me.

Thanks

Mike(Mont)
02-07-2014, 02:38 PM
Tigera, I sent you a Private Message.

One thing about the high frequencies is the near field is short. For a 1.4MHz the wavelength is about 700 feet and the near field is about one-sixth that much or a little over 100 feet.

Tigera
02-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Tigera, it's been a long time and I don't remember the Frequencies Neil Pagel used in Fitzgeralds, locators,so I am of no help.

You might wish to contact Tim Williams, at http://lrlman.com He may be able to help you. Dell

Dell Winders,Thank you very much.Tim has a free program for frequencies on his site called EFNMR.

there is a program on http://lrlman.com/efnmr.htm

Qiaozhi
02-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Qiaozhi! If you don't have any idea about post (Some Thing really is related to the post), PLEASE DO NOT REPLY!! THANKS !!
That post was a reply to Dell's rant. Please read posts carefully before replying. :frown:

Mike(Mont)
02-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Tigera, thanks for the info. You have a real frequency stew there. Let's just start with those RT "frequencies". Those are not frequencies, just bogus superstition. Once I saw those I knew there was trouble. You should throw those out if you want any kind of credibility. Also the comment "All in Megahertz" I don't know what that is, but it isn't correct. Of course those walkie-talkie frequencies are just frequencies for various channels that are supposed to discriminate. I have tried these and was uncomfortable with the whole thing. For several reasons.

I tried that one gold 5.1104 KHz and it did not work. And of course the 1.729 MHz or 1.754 is the resonant frequency under a huge electromagnet. All the same I was messing with the 1.4MHz and bumped it up to 1.6 then down to 1.598 and I am still working on it. It was just too cold outside for me to rely on any kind of accuracy. Sometimes it was working at least on my test target. Another problem with those high frequencies is they don't go through the ground. I would be highly suspicious if they could get any depth at all, but I don't know that as a fact.

Mike(Mont)
02-07-2014, 07:35 PM
The thought just occurred to me it is a very bad idea to be working in the higher frequencies unless you have a radio license. Don't do it.

Tigera
02-08-2014, 07:35 AM
The thought just occurred to me it is a very bad idea to be working in the higher frequencies unless you have a radio license. Don't do it.

Thanks Mike,But for higher freq you must use lower voltage and for lower freq should use higher voltage.Do not test all freq with same voltage.and also the weather is cold and All LRL does not work properly.

Tigera
02-08-2014, 07:36 AM
There is no body in the earth who has the Treasure Navigator's Frequencies?:cry::frown::|

Nicolas
02-08-2014, 08:23 AM
There is no body in the earth who has the Treasure Navigator's Frequencies?:cry::frown::|

Betwenn 40 to 80 khz my dear

Tigera
02-08-2014, 08:32 AM
Betwenn 40 to 80 khz my dear

I know the range of Navigator's operating freq. It's between 0.1Hz - 21.5 Mhz !!

and it has 3 range (Size:Low-Med_High) for frequencies

Low~ 10 hz - 200 Hz
Med~ 1500 hz - 30 Khz
High~ 1 MHZ - 21.5 MHZ

but I want the accurate (Absolute) Value of Frequencies!

Nicolas
02-08-2014, 09:02 AM
I know the range of Navigator's operating freq. It's between 0.1Hz - 21.5 Mhz !!

and it has 3 range (Size:Low-Med_High) for frequencies

Low~ 10 hz - 200 Hz
Med~ 1500 hz - 30 Khz
High~ 1 MHZ - 21.5 MHZ

but I want the accurate (Absolute) Value of Frequencies!

Hi my dear I not know this range for Locator LRL

I know the absolute and by experience in my LRL I use only 40 to 80 KHZ

but for other type is for other type of detector

you what type of detector you need locator or BFO or VLF or other

I think you need the range for PD and Locator??? if yes .. the best is 40 to 80 KHz everywhere in world and work.

and you can test it..

Mike(Mont)
02-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Sorry for asking, but why are you so desperate to get these MHz frequencies? There's a guy on ebay that has one. He listed his phone number. Maybe he will sell them to you.

Tigera
02-08-2014, 02:50 PM
Sorry for asking, but why are you so desperate to get these MHz frequencies? There's a guy on ebay that has one. He listed his phone number. Maybe he will sell them to you.

thanks Mike but it's the old version of Navigator and has less freq rather to new ones(about 30-40 freq) but new ones have 200 freq and I'm looking for new Navigators (2011 and above).

:ninja:

Mike(Mont)
02-08-2014, 02:52 PM
Why the MHz?

Tigera
02-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Why the MHz?

Forget about Mhz. It's a long story.:|

Does any body have Treasure Navigator Freq?

Mike,If you have any gold freq in 5Khz-50Khz,please send it for me:)

Mike(Mont)
02-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I kinda figured getting people to answer a simple question is never simple. Does this have something to do with the AGR from Accurate Locators?

Mike(Mont)
02-08-2014, 07:22 PM
Don't know what you think about this, but the way the AGR works, you multiply your local AM radio station frequency (like 920) by 0.01754 to give you a frequency in KHz. At least that is my theory if you use the same freq that they say a receiver can pick up, that should be in resonance with your freq. generator and create a signal line between the two. I would think you want to use the most powerful station in the area.

Mike(Mont)
02-09-2014, 12:56 AM
Example: Fictitious AM radio station KRAP 920 (it's Rap music, but you can decide LOL)

Multiply 920 X 0.01754 = 16.1368KHz

Now i would cut that down by a factor of ten or one-hundred

1.6137KHZ
or
161.37Hz

goldfinder
02-09-2014, 01:20 AM
There was some research in metal detection toward end of WWII. They found 121 Mhz for gold. Wavelength was 19.19 Cm. AS my Japanese used to say---
Rotsa Ruck,
Goldfinder

Mike(Mont)
02-09-2014, 02:41 AM
Just a reminder this is just a theory I came up with. I don't know anything about the AGR other than what I read on the Accurate Locators website. I just figured if a radio receiver could pick up the calculated frequency, then a frequency generator and a set of L-rods should be more sensitive. I'll know more in the coming week when temperatures moderate. And don't forget if you want to experiment with this, you have to use the radio station frequency for your area and I would suggest you find the most powerful station. Hopefully you have a 50 Kw station nearby. I don't think we have one here.

Dave J.
02-09-2014, 06:27 AM
It's a good thing that facts don't matter, it makes fantasies a lot more entertaining.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, people who actually find gold electronically using apparatus that indisputably works, about 19 kHz is the most popular frequency. The 13-14 kHz range runs a close second.

Tigera
02-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I kinda figured getting people to answer a simple question is never simple. Does this have something to do with the AGR from Accurate Locators?

No.as I said I'm looking for high gold frequencies (above 5Khz & especially Navigator's frequencies).High range frequencies are good for high size gold and also good penetration if matched with appropriate voltage and wave form,I'm working on it.It'too hard beacause I sould redesign all thing because all LRLs works below 50Khz and simply start from scratch!

reza vir
02-10-2014, 08:02 AM
Various devices based on a metal structure designed to use different frequencies. :|

RS_Phil
04-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Hi Qiaozhi would you agree with me, I would rather take more time training a dog on finding treasure than making such thing...sorry second opinion just that maybe can.

mustefa ubram
04-07-2014, 04:05 PM
pdf-1000 frq is under 100hz;).i tested with scop
G-L

Qiaozhi
04-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Hi Qiaozhi would you agree with me, I would rather take more time training a dog on finding treasure than making such thing...sorry second opinion just that maybe can.
The short answer is: "Yes, I agree with you".
Unfortunately I don't have the time or inclination to give the long answer. ;)