PDA

View Full Version : Mike's evolving theory on false MFD responses

Mike(Mont)
01-29-2014, 10:16 PM
A couple weeks ago Dell Winders described how he uses a Natural EM Meter to detect solar magnetic interference which weakens or blocks MFD signal lines. I was watching my meter during some interference and when one surge hit, I experienced a sensation exactly like what I call the ion buzz when I cross a discriminated MFD signal line.

Today I was watching the meter move around and I experienced weak, fluctuating locating conditions with several errant hits. So, this might not be exactly what is happening, but it appears to me that the fluctuation magnetic conditions create a surge which I can feel and misinterpret as a good signal, while the actual signal is weakened. I realize this is pretty much what Dell has described for the last twenty-five years, but I have never understood what causes the false responses until now.

Qiaozhi
01-29-2014, 10:24 PM
A couple weeks ago Dell Winders described how he uses a Natural EM Meter to detect solar magnetic interference which weakens or blocks MFD signal lines. I was watching my meter during some interference and when one surge hit, I experienced a sensation exactly like what I call the ion buzz when I cross a discriminated MFD signal line.

Today I was watching the meter move around and I experienced weak, fluctuating locating conditions with several errant hits. So, this might not be exactly what is happening, but it appears to me that the fluctuation magnetic conditions create a surge which I can feel and misinterpret as a good signal, while the actual signal is weakened. I realize this is pretty much what Dell has described for the last twenty-five years, but I have never understood what causes the false responses until now.
If you believe solar magnetic interference will affect your ability to dowse, then that's exactly what you'll find. ;)
Or were you surprised?

Mike(Mont)
01-29-2014, 10:34 PM
I should note here when I say "errant hits" I mean I get a non-repeatable hit and it's not my test target. And the real target was very weak. Earlier today conditions were not a problem.

elhit29
01-30-2014, 02:29 AM
Very well put Mike.. Yes you are right, however, no one would know how and what such physical sensation feels like unless he virtually experience it on real targets buried for years and one gets errant hits.

Mike(Mont)
01-30-2014, 01:37 PM
I think you are comparing long time buried to freshly buried. A fresh drop on the surface is not the same as a freshly buried more than eight inches deep. The fresh drop will give a good signal. Some systems have trouble with the freshly buried as it blocks the ions for quite some time, thus the long time buried is different. I think it depends on soil moisture, etc. I've heard the number five years.