PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on LRL's.

mountainman
12-17-2013, 01:05 PM
Hello. I have 2 year's experience using various metal detectors with success. I spend a lot of time abroad. I have been reading about LRL's. Do they work? I have a target rich environment, buried gold and naturally occurring gold, which sounds perfect for a LRL ( if they work ). The terrain is Mountainous and densely forested. Any suggestions for searching such terrain- LRL or otherwise? I have spent many man hours combing this areas with a metal detector with a lot of success for smaller items.

Mike(Mont)
12-18-2013, 03:13 AM
You must realize this forum is run by skeptics. They cannot use an LRL and think they are all frauds. Some of the manufacturers are very deceptive and lead the uninformed into believing their device uses something other than mental discrimination (dowsing). As for me I use the MFD type equipment, those that have a frequency generator. Whatever you get expect to spend many, many hours and if it uses L-rods I strongly recommend you learn some form of meditation. And it's so much easier to learn if you can get personal training.

mountainman
12-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Thanks Mike. I'm basically looking for a machine I can scan large areas of cliffs, woodland and known Thracian/Roman sites for hidden treasure. The vastness of the search areas are very time consuming and of course it's impossible to grid out some of these areas due to the obstructions/geology. Any ideas? Ps I have tried dowsing for water with mixed success.

Mike(Mont)
12-18-2013, 08:26 PM
Well, if you have some loose change you can pick up a Crypton OBMD-2 for $3600 on ebay. Not a clue how well they work, but they don't use L-rods. Better research it first. I don't think they can tell the difference between gold and copper for instance. But I really know nothing about them. LRLMAN.com has some info, maybe even a good price.

Geo
12-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Also can ask Morgan if he can sell him a PDK at low price!!!

Mike(Mont)
12-19-2013, 12:30 PM
MTM, I don't want to give you the wrong impression. I have never used one of those type devices. I just mentioned it because you sounded like you don't want to learn to use the L-rods. Vernell Electronics sells low priced MFD units. I used to suggest to people to try something like this first. I see they lost their domain name and you might have to find a different path to enter their website. Again, you will really need to learn some form of meditation for any L-rod work. Maybe just breathing exercises, or you can learn it as you go and it might take years or like the skeptics, never. Everybody wants it right now.

Mike(Mont)
12-19-2013, 01:51 PM
I should also tell you I have never used the low priced units Vernell sells. I don't know what frequency they are using. I got a VR-5000 and I did not like the frequencies. I was able to hack it somewhat. I am not impressed with the weight cancelling, either, or their customer service. I called them asking for help and the woman said she they would get back to me. They never did. But still, for the price that may be your best shot to give it a try.