PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive signal generator

goldfinder
07-16-2013, 08:38 PM
For any of you that want to use a signal generator for and LRL I found one on the internet
SG1005 5MHz Signal Generator

It is accurate on the low end to 0.01 hertz. It costs around $60 depending on where you get it. If your thinking of using a 555 or something similar don't waste your time. This little baby is nice. 0-20 Volts peak to peak, display telling you the freq your at.

If I could have gotten one of these when I was testing sig gens as a MFD signal source I would have saved me lots of time. Beats the heck out of building your own. Eat your heart out Dell and you other scammers selling signal generators for a huge markup. 1/10 the price of that scam you folks sell.

Also, if you go on eBay you can find inexpensive dowsing rods of various types.

Don't waste time building your own. You will be able to prove that LRLs and MFD etc. do work if you can already dowse; otherwise, save your money.
Goldfinder

Carl-NC
07-16-2013, 09:57 PM
$36 on eBay, free shipping. Just bought one for funsies.

reza vir
07-17-2013, 05:47 PM
For any of you that want to use a signal generator for and LRL I found one on the internet
SG1005 5MHz Signal Generator

It is accurate on the low end to 0.01 hertz. It costs around $60 depending on where you get it. If your thinking of using a 555 or something similar don't waste your time. This little baby is nice. 0-20 Volts peak to peak, display telling you the freq your at.

If I could have gotten one of these when I was testing sig gens as a MFD signal source I would have saved me lots of time. Beats the heck out of building your own. Eat your heart out Dell and you other scammers selling signal generators for a huge markup. 1/10 the price of that scam you folks sell.

Also, if you go on eBay you can find inexpensive dowsing rods of various types.

Don't waste time building your own. You will be able to prove that LRLs and MFD etc. do work if you can already dowse; otherwise, save your money.
Goldfinder

hi my dear see this link : http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/showthread.php?p=146907#post146907

goldfinder
07-18-2013, 03:48 AM
$36 on eBay, free shipping. Just bought one for funsies.

Carl,
YOu got a bargain. That is much better than price I paid. I have fun w/ the one I got. I was amazed how accurate it is and not a big package. I am working on a battery input for places I don't have access to 110. The display is nice. took me a little experimenting until I got how all the controls work. There were no directions with mine.
Goldfinder

reza vir
07-24-2013, 11:32 AM
MAX038-Based SweepFunction Generator With Markers