PDA

View Full Version : Testing PDK 2 In UK

MIJ
08-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Hi

This is my video of PDK in my garden testing the 9ct gold ring; this is walking to the east.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yut0pZ6Gdcw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yut0pZ6Gdcw)

In this video I am walking west.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgp9aE6oByw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgp9aE6oByw)

Notice that not all the time is beeping.

I think this makes it harder in the field especially as you don’t know if precious metal is there?

Better that the beeper gets faster the closer you get to precious metal?

I wonder if Morgan could modify the beeper to do this, as this would be a great help in the field.

What do you think?

Barbarossa
08-30-2012, 06:50 AM
hello mij.how long time is the ring in the ground?

MIJ
08-30-2012, 07:40 AM
hello mij.how long time is the ring in the ground?

Ring in ground for 10 years

Barbarossa
08-30-2012, 02:31 PM
in UK work the analog vhf tv stations or is digital?

MIJ
08-30-2012, 03:58 PM
in UK work the analog vhf tv stations or is digital?

Just changed over to digital and seems to work fine.

Barbarossa
08-30-2012, 04:14 PM
that is a good news.ok in rinks or small thinks .what happend in a big tresure?

J_Player
08-30-2012, 04:44 PM
Ring in ground for 10 yearsHi MIJ,
These are interesting videos you made.
We can clearly see there is beeping as you walk toward a location that has some sort of weathered white thing on the ground, when walking from the east or west.
We also see that when you are pointing the direction of the white thing, the beeping happens most of the time, but not always.

In order to better understand the conditions when we hear the beeping, I have a few questions.
1. What is the white thing?
What material is it made of?
Is it lying on the ground, or is it pushed into the ground?
How deep does the white thing extend into the ground?

2. How deep is the 9ct ring buried?
Is the the ring buried directly under the white thing?
What size is this ring (typical ladies ring, men's ring, Large men's ring)? Approximate weight?
Is it a simple loop shaped ring, or does it have some intricate ornamentation or patterns which do not conform to a simple circular loop shape?

3. Are there underground pipes in this area? (metal or plastic pipes for irrigation or for water supply or drains)?
How far is the nearest underground pipe from the place where the PDK is beeping?

4. Is there anything else underground in this area other than the usual soil and plants that we see growing?

Best Wishes, :)
J_P

MIJ
08-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Hi MIJ,
These are interesting videos you made.
We can clearly see there is beeping as you walk toward a location that has some sort of weathered white thing on the ground, when walking from the east or west.
We also see that when you are pointing the direction of the white thing, the beeping happens most of the time, but not always.

In order to better understand the conditions when we hear the beeping, I have a few questions.
1. What is the white thing?
What material is it made of?
Is it lying on the ground, or is it pushed into the ground?
How deep does the white thing extend into the ground?

2. How deep is the 9ct ring buried?

Is the the ring buried directly under the white thing?
What size is this ring (typical ladies ring, men's ring, Large men's ring)? Approximate weight?
Is it a simple loop shaped ring, or does it have some intricate ornamentation or patterns which do not conform to a simple circular loop shape?

3. Are there underground pipes in this area? (metal or plastic pipes for irrigation or for water supply or drains)?
How far is the nearest underground pipe from the place where the PDK is beeping?

4. Is there anything else underground in this area other than the usual soil and plants that we see growing?

J_P

Hi JP.

I will try to answer your questions –

The white thing is merely a sea shell placed on the ground above the target “gold ring”

The 9ct gold ring is buried at about 150mm/6inches under the ground, and 3ft to the right is a cut half medieval hammered coin, and a further 3ft to the right of that is an old copper penny, under the willow tree “this tree wasn’t there when I buried the test bed” all three items have been buried for over ten years “as a test bed for my metal detectors”

The gold ring is a standard gent’s type, with a shield shape front about 2grams.

There are no pipes in the ground in the target area; the nearest pipes are clay salt glazed drainage pipes at the top of garden about 20 meters away.

I can detect the ring with my metal detector and placed the shell over the top, so I know that the PDK is picking up the signal fine.

The signal from the PDK starts about 10 meters away from the ring “I think this is good”

Regards
MIJ

J_Player
08-31-2012, 12:09 AM
Hi JP.

I will try to answer your questions –

The white thing is merely a sea shell placed on the ground above the target “gold ring”

The 9ct gold ring is buried at about 150mm/6inches under the ground, and 3ft to the right is a cut half medieval hammered coin, and a further 3ft to the right of that is an old copper penny, under the willow tree “this tree wasn’t there when I buried the test bed” all three items have been buried for over ten years “as a test bed for my metal detectors”

The gold ring is a standard gent’s type, with a shield shape front about 2grams.

There are no pipes in the ground in the target area; the nearest pipes are clay salt glazed drainage pipes at the top of garden about 20 meters away.

I can detect the ring with my metal detector and placed the shell over the top, so I know that the PDK is picking up the signal fine.

The signal from the PDK starts about 10 meters away from the ring “I think this is good”

Regards
MIJHi MIJ,
Thanks for the answers.
It is interesting to see how big that willow tree grew in less than 10 years.

I can see there is no interference of targets except possibly the other items in the test garden.
I am wondering what effect these other targets have on the PDK beeping.
Since you are hearing beeping from as far as 10 meters, it raises a doubt that perhaps the hammered coin or the copper penny may have some influence on the beeping.
I am sure you made some tests which showed that you were hearing beeping only from the gold ring.
Of course I do not know the responsiveness of this locator when it comes into range of copper or silver targets.
I wonder what would happen if it were to come near only a hammered coin, or only near a copper penny.
Would it beep for those targets if they were buried for a long time?

There is one idea that comes to mind:
Perhaps you could make a test to see what is the response when you walk from the north and from the south.
Maybe the beeping pattern will show us something new that we did not see in the east-west test.

Excellent videos, by the way.

J_P

Morgan
08-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Hi

This is my video of PDK in my garden testing the 9ct gold ring; this is walking to the east.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yut0pZ6Gdcw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yut0pZ6Gdcw)

In this video I am walking west.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgp9aE6oByw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgp9aE6oByw)

Notice that not all the time is beeping.

I think this makes it harder in the field especially as you don’t know if precious metal is there?

Better that the beeper gets faster the closer you get to precious metal?

I wonder if Morgan could modify the beeper to do this, as this would be a great help in the field.

What do you think?

Hi

During this time i made so many field tests with PDK-2,and of course found many objects,90% of silver.
After that i still learning about this LRL...

One thing i´m 100% sure,it need some source of VHF electromagnetic waves to make the locator more powerful,the other thing is actualy in my country the VHF stop,and imediatly i note one break in power of my PDK-2 and PDK-3,losing 50% of the power.
What i realy dont understand is why gold or silver sometimes emit the signal stronger to east,other times to south, but i´m sure if VHF waves are present ,the signal is stronger in the direction of the VHF Transmitter,this is very well confirmed during all the tests and field search.

Other thing you can confirm in your gold ring test,if one person stay above the gold ring,your PDK-2 cant locate the ring,this means the body mask the wave that PDK is responsable to pick,this is very interesting,and i said to PDK owners to avoid people in front of them when searching...

Actualy i´m building one other diferent kind of PDK,that i believe it will be much better,but is still a prototype,anyway with this one is possible to go for remote areas without any kind of VHF or RF waves and the locator still locate gold/silver,the two metals that not create patina underground,i think the reason that is possible to locate them,and other like Iron,lead,bronze etc,they create the patina that insulate them and the PDK cant pick signals from them,they are like rocks underground.

Regards

MIJ
08-31-2012, 04:53 PM
Hi MIJ,
Thanks for the answers.
It is interesting to see how big that willow tree grew in less than 10 years.

I can see there is no interference of targets except possibly the other items in the test garden.
I am wondering what effect these other targets have on the PDK beeping.
Since you are hearing beeping from as far as 10 meters, it raises a doubt that perhaps the hammered coin or the copper penny may have some influence on the beeping.
I am sure you made some tests which showed that you were hearing beeping only from the gold ring.
Of course I do not know the responsiveness of this locator when it comes into range of copper or silver targets.
I wonder what would happen if it were to come near only a hammered coin, or only near a copper penny.
Would it beep for those targets if they were buried for a long time?

There is one idea that comes to mind:
Perhaps you could make a test to see what is the response when you walk from the north and from the south.
Maybe the beeping pattern will show us something new that we did not see in the east-west test.

Excellent videos, by the way.

J_P

Hi JP,

Thanks for comment about video, considering it was my Samsung Galaxy smart phone taken with my shaky left hand, while walking with the PDK.

About the copper coin in my target bed; the PDK won’t respond to any metals only noble metals gold & silver, possibly it would respond to gilding covered coins or artefacts.

You can stand you car in front of the PDK and you won’t get a beep.

I will try testing the gold ring from north & south and let you know the results.

Regards
MIJ

takhslambos
08-31-2012, 07:53 PM

.......you want to say (you can start your car??)

Geo
09-01-2012, 06:29 AM

.......you want to say (you can start your car??)

No.... i think he mean what he wrote (stand..)

Geo
09-01-2012, 06:37 AM
Hi MIJ.
At your video (first) i see at 17, 34 and 37sec that the PDK beeps near to tree and not at line with the gold ring. Can you tell me if at this direction there is any coin from the other two??

Regards

Geo
09-01-2012, 06:46 AM
Hi

During this time i made so many field tests with PDK-2,and of course found many objects,90% of silver.
After that i still learning about this LRL...

One thing i´m 100% sure,it need some source of VHF electromagnetic waves to make the locator more powerful,the other thing is actualy in my country the VHF stop,and imediatly i note one break in power of my PDK-2 and PDK-3,losing 50% of the power.
What i realy dont understand is why gold or silver sometimes emit the signal stronger to east,other times to south, but i´m sure if VHF waves are present ,the signal is stronger in the direction of the VHF Transmitter,this is very well confirmed during all the tests and field search.

Other thing you can confirm in your gold ring test,if one person stay above the gold ring,your PDK-2 cant locate the ring,this means the body mask the wave that PDK is responsable to pick,this is very interesting,and i said to PDK owners to avoid people in front of them when searching...

Actualy i´m building one other diferent kind of PDK,that i believe it will be much better,but is still a prototype,anyway with this one is possible to go for remote areas without any kind of VHF or RF waves and the locator still locate gold/silver,the two metals that not create patina underground,i think the reason that is possible to locate them,and other like Iron,lead,bronze etc,they create the patina that insulate them and the PDK cant pick signals from them,they are like rocks underground.

Regards

Hi Morgan.
Last days i experiment with transmitting VHF signals by the sweep method. I transmmit the signals continuesly 1 week but i have not good results. I have some strong magnetic fields 3..4 hours every day and nothing else. Maybe we must use vlf frequences. So from next week i will try to modulate the VHF signals with 500 ... 1000 Hz and to repeat the experiment
We see.....:lol:

Morgan
09-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Hi Morgan.
Last days i experiment with transmitting VHF signals by the sweep method. I transmmit the signals continuesly 1 week but i have not good results. I have some strong magnetic fields 3..4 hours every day and nothing else. Maybe we must use vlf frequences. So from next week i will try to modulate the VHF signals with 500 ... 1000 Hz and to repeat the experiment

Thanks for this VHF experiments,i built two VHF transmitters and one of them stay two days near the buried target and no results .
Now i´m working in PDK-2 modifications,this device must be completly independent of any VHF.

Morgan
09-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Hi Morgan.

here is one picture by Hummmhummm,explaining (just theory) how electromagnetic waves and Passive Receiver works :

ercan
09-01-2012, 01:34 PM
VHF radio signals can not handle more than under the ground, the ground will make the reflection.
GPR antennas so you can work close to the ground.

MIJ
09-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Hi MIJ.
At your video (first) i see at 17, 34 and 37sec that the PDK beeps near to tree and not at line with the gold ring. Can you tell me if at this direction there is any coin from the other two??

Regards

Well spotted Geo,

The silver hammered cut coin is about 3 ft away to the right the PDK is probably picking up signal from coin also.

humhum
09-01-2012, 09:38 PM
VHF radio signals can not handle more than under the ground, the ground will make the reflection.
GPR antennas so you can work close to the ground.

Ercan_usta , Do you know VHF waves and this theory how works???? maybe you build your LRL or PD :D :D.

ercan
09-02-2012, 12:49 PM
VHF waves, only works for GPR s.

J_Player
09-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Ercan_usta , Do you know VHF waves and this theory how works???? maybe you build your LRL or PD :D :D.This raises an interesting question about VLF:

According to contemporary LRL theories, there are four alleged mechanisms by which VHF waves work to detect buried treasure:
1. VHF travels through the air, then penetrates the ground and reflects back to create an anomaly in the reception when it encounters buried metal things.
2. VHF travels through the air, but does not penetrate the ground. As the VHF waves travel through the air, parallel to the ground, they travel uniformly because the ground is uniform soil at a given location. But when metal things are buried a long time, then the soil above the buried metal will not have the same electrical properties as the surrounding soil. This anomaly in the soil causes any VHF waves passing by to show an anomaly in the reception to anyone who has a VHF receiver tuning the waves when they are walking close to the soil surface where there buried metal below.
3. Buried metal causes metal ions to rise up through the soil and travel into the air. These ions hover in an elliptical column 2 meters tall in the air above the buried treasure. Any VHF or other RF frequencies, or even near infrared light passing at this column of hovering metal ions, will surely be detectable by someone who takes a receiver to the location where the treasure is buried.
4. An alternate method used by some LRL manufacturers is to place a small transmitter near the treasure, which can be detected by a receiver to help locate where the treasure is buried (or possibly not buried, if the transmitter is hidden near an empty hole).

But which of the 4 contemporary LRL theories above work?
Theory-1: No. Anyone who has any education in RF propagation, knows that VHF does not penetrate the ground except for very dry ground for a very short distance, much less than treasures are buried. This means that according to the properties of RF propagation, theory-1 cannot work, because VHF cannot travel through the ground more than a few millimeters.

Theory-2: ?? When VHF waves travel across the ground in a horizontal direction, they have a polarization which is determined because of the relative conductivity of the ground. VHF waves are usually intentionally polarized when they are broadcast from the transmitter, as well. If buried metal actually does cause an anomaly to the electrical properties at the surface of the ground, then possibly it could cause an anomaly to the polarized VHF reception of waves which pass the anomaly on ground surface. However, the anomaly would need to be noticeably different from the surrounding ground. ie: You would be able to measure the difference in the electrical properties such as conductivity, or current flow, or variation in charge with simple instruments. Maybe nobody has done this at a location where metal is known to be buried for a long time. At least I have not seen reports where people showed electrical measurements they made at ground with buried treasure under it.

Without any test data, we could presume the ground has an insignificant electrical anomaly, and could not possibly show a VHF variation in reception.
But would we be correct?
I think we cannot know if there is an electrical anomaly, or how strong the alleged electrical anomaly is unless we first collect some data measuring things such as ground resistivity, possible natural current flow, possible surface charge which is different from the charge at surrounding areas of the ground. This kind of data is sometimes seen on treasure hunts where ground resistivity is used to locate things. But I have not seen data from a test garden where we have known targets that we can check VLF reception at the ground locations where we measured the electrical properties.

What we can say, is that if we were to place a metal plate 20 cm diameter down flat on neutral ground which has no treasure buried under it, then we would have a part of the ground surface which has very high conductivity of metal compared to the surrounding ground.
This metal plate on the ground could serve to show how detectable a conductive area at the surface can be when using a VHF receiver to locate the plate on the surface.
It would show us what would happen in the case when the soil has become extremely low resistivity, more than we would find from a small electrical change due to metal leaching into the ground.
I have a feeling we will find that even a metal plate is not very detectable.
But I could be wrong.
Maybe the ground surface electrical anomalies are detectable when using a receiver to detect VHF? http://www.geotech1.com/forums/images/smilies/remember.gif

Theory-3: No. It is easy to prove there is not a column of metal ions hovering in the air above buried metals. Simply use a drift tube to draw in an air sample, and you will see there is no reading of any ions from the buried metal. The ions you will find are the same ions you find in the surrounding areas, which randomly blow with the breeze. Scientists have already performed this test in many locations, and have found airborne gold ions are measured in extremely small concentrations (parts per trillion), and they are uniformly scattered through the air. They found no higher concentrations where there were known areas of buried gold, such as mines where gold is buried, as well as kept dissolved in chemical solutions during the extraction process.

Theory-4: Yes. VHF receivers have been proven to respond to hidden VHF transmitters.
To further illustrate the proof, there are radio enthusiasts who go on "fox hunt" contests where the "fox" is a hidden transmitter.
All the contestants try to find the hidden transmitter when using their VHF receivers to locate it http://www.homingin.com/. Whoever finds the transmitter first wins the contest.
Surprisingly, one frequency that is often used is the 2-meter band, which is what we would call VHF.
The only problem with this theory for treasure hunting is you must first know the location of the treasure before you put the transmitter next to it.
This problem makes it useless for showing you were treasure is buried unless you already know where it is buried.

J_P

Morgan
09-08-2012, 12:51 AM
This raises an interesting question about VLF:

According to contemporary LRL theories, there are four alleged mechanisms by which VHF waves work to detect buried treasure:
1. VHF travels through the air, then penetrates the ground and reflects back to create an anomaly in the reception when it encounters buried metal things.
2. VHF travels through the air, but does not penetrate the ground. As the VHF waves travel through the air, parallel to the ground, they travel uniformly because the ground is uniform soil at a given location. But when metal things are buried a long time, then the soil above the buried metal will not have the same electrical properties as the surrounding soil. This anomaly in the soil causes any VHF waves passing by to show an anomaly in the reception to anyone who has a VHF receiver tuning the waves when they are walking close to the soil surface where there buried metal below.
3. Buried metal causes metal ions to rise up through the soil and travel into the air. These ions hover in an elliptical column 2 meters tall in the air above the buried treasure. Any VHF or other RF frequencies, or even near infrared light passing at this column of hovering metal ions, will surely be detectable by someone who takes a receiver to the location where the treasure is buried.
4. An alternate method used by some LRL manufacturers is to place a small transmitter near the treasure, which can be detected by a receiver to help locate where the treasure is buried (or possibly not buried, if the transmitter is hidden near an empty hole).

But which of the 4 contemporary LRL theories above work?
Theory-1: No. Anyone who has any education in RF propagation, knows that VHF does not penetrate the ground except for very dry ground for a very short distance, much less than treasures are buried. This means that according to the properties of RF propagation, theory-1 cannot work, because VHF cannot travel through the ground more than a few millimeters.

Theory-2: ?? When VHF waves travel across the ground in a horizontal direction, they have a polarization which is determined because of the relative conductivity of the ground. VHF waves are usually intentionally polarized when they are broadcast from the transmitter, as well. If buried metal actually does cause an anomaly to the electrical properties at the surface of the ground, then possibly it could cause an anomaly to the polarized VHF reception of waves which pass the anomaly on ground surface. However, the anomaly would need to be noticeably different from the surrounding ground. ie: You would be able to measure the difference in the electrical properties such as conductivity, or current flow, or variation in charge with simple instruments. Maybe nobody has done this at a location where metal is known to be buried for a long time. At least I have not seen reports where people showed electrical measurements they made at ground with buried treasure under it.

Without any test data, we could presume the ground has an insignificant electrical anomaly, and could not possibly show a VHF variation in reception.
But would we be correct?
I think we cannot know if there is an electrical anomaly, or how strong the alleged electrical anomaly is unless we first collect some data measuring things such as ground resistivity, possible natural current flow, possible surface charge which is different from the charge at surrounding areas of the ground. This kind of data is sometimes seen on treasure hunts where ground resistivity is used to locate things. But I have not seen data from a test garden where we have known targets that we can check VLF reception at the ground locations where we measured the electrical properties.

What we can say, is that if we were to place a metal plate 20 cm diameter down flat on neutral ground which has no treasure buried under it, then we would have a part of the ground surface which has very high conductivity of metal compared to the surrounding ground.
This metal plate on the ground could serve to show how detectable a conductive area at the surface can be when using a VHF receiver to locate the plate on the surface.
It would show us what would happen in the case when the soil has become extremely low resistivity, more than we would find from a small electrical change due to metal leaching into the ground.
I have a feeling we will find that even a metal plate is not very detectable.
But I could be wrong.
Maybe the ground surface electrical anomalies are detectable when using a receiver to detect VHF? http://www.geotech1.com/forums/images/smilies/remember.gif

Theory-3: No. It is easy to prove there is not a column of metal ions hovering in the air above buried metals. Simply use a drift tube to draw in an air sample, and you will see there is no reading of any ions from the buried metal. The ions you will find are the same ions you find in the surrounding areas, which randomly blow with the breeze. Scientists have already performed this test in many locations, and have found airborne gold ions are measured in extremely small concentrations (parts per trillion), and they are uniformly scattered through the air. They found no higher concentrations where there were known areas of buried gold, such as mines where gold is buried, as well as kept dissolved in chemical solutions during the extraction process.

Theory-4: Yes. VHF receivers have been proven to respond to hidden VHF transmitters.
To further illustrate the proof, there are radio enthusiasts who go on "fox hunt" contests where the "fox" is a hidden transmitter.
All the contestants try to find the hidden transmitter when using their VHF receivers to locate it http://www.homingin.com/. Whoever finds the transmitter first wins the contest.
Surprisingly, one frequency that is often used is the 2-meter band, which is what we would call VHF.
The only problem with this theory for treasure hunting is you must first know the location of the treasure before you put the transmitter next to it.
This problem makes it useless for showing you were treasure is buried unless you already know where it is buried.

J_P

Thanks J_P

very interesting ...

J_Player
09-08-2012, 08:07 AM
Thanks J_P

very interesting ...Another interesting tidbit about VHF broadcasting stations...
VHF is broadcast from TV stations using analog signals as well as FM radio stations.
But it is also broadcast by amateur radio hobbyists and from marine radios.
Many of these broadcasting stations are directional because they want to focus their broadcast in a particular direction.
TV stations and FM radio stations will often use a grid of antennas which cause their signal to be strongest in locations where there is a large, and dense population of listeners who will hear their advertising.
They usually arrange the antennas to focus their broadcasting in the high population areas, but do not send a strong signal to places where there are not many people to listen.

This means that if you are relying on a VHF signal which some station is broadcasting, you are likely to find only weak TV station signal or FM radio signal when you are away from the population centers and in a remote treasure hunting field.
Amateur radio hobbyists usually send their VHF signals directional beams, but not always.
And the marine radio broadcasts are usually omnidirectional, so the signal will be heard equally in all directions.

The strength of VHF signals at will change a lot as you move to different locations.
Same as you see the TV signal strength changes when you take a portable TV or FM radio to various locations.

I still haven't seen any clear indications that VHF is needed for treasure hunting.
I hear only reports of circumstantial evidence, how some LRLs stopped working to their full capacity at the same time when some TV stations changed their transmitters.
Still, the information above may be helpful to those who want to experiment.

Best Wishes,
J_P

nelson
09-09-2012, 04:27 AM
I have this trasmitter that i think it may help to increase the range of pdk on the field.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15W-ST-15B-FM-stereo-PLL-broadcast-transmitter-Wholesale-DHL-free-shipping-/220936627887?pt=US_Ham_Radio_Transmitters&hash=item3370d966af

This transmitter has 15 watts of rf output, but if you get a high gain antenna you can multiply the transmitter power by 2, 4, 6 or more watts depending on your antenna gain and if is omnidirectional, bidirectional or directional. Also the polarizationof the antena es very important. Has a ham we use to work on VHF vertical polarization and FM and TV broadcasting stations has horizontal polarization.
Also we must know that FM bradcasting stations have a bandwith of 100 Khz, but ham VHF radios has only 10 Khz. TV stations has a wider bandwith than FM stations.
In the past i have done a few experiments on VHF like contacts with yagi antenas oriented directly to the stations i want to contact, were both signals RX and TX were recibed with low signal. THen we try to find a skip on a hill that was not on the sight line between both stations. This hill was 45 degrees away from our line of contact. Then our contact was solid and strong with maximun signal.
This probe that VHF signals we reflected on the hill and forward to the RX stations and vice versa.
I hope this can help to understand our investigatios about gold and silver detection.

Regards

Nelson

Another interesting tidbit about VHF broadcasting stations...
VHF is broadcast from TV stations using analog signals as well as FM radio stations.
But it is also broadcast by amateur radio hobbyists and from marine radios.
Many of these broadcasting stations are directional because they want to focus their broadcast in a particular direction.
TV stations and FM radio stations will often use a grid of antennas which cause their signal to be strongest in locations where there is a large, and dense population of listeners who will hear their advertising.
They usually arrange the antennas to focus their broadcasting in the high population areas, but do not send a strong signal to places where there are not many people to listen.

This means that if you are relying on a VHF signal which some station is broadcasting, you are likely to find only weak TV station signal or FM radio signal when you are away from the population centers and in a remote treasure hunting field.
Amateur radio hobbyists usually send their VHF signals directional beams, but not always.
And the marine radio broadcasts are usually omnidirectional, so the signal will be heard equally in all directions.

The strength of VHF signals at will change a lot as you move to different locations.
Same as you see the TV signal strength changes when you take a portable TV or FM radio to various locations.

I still haven't seen any clear indications that VHF is needed for treasure hunting.
I hear only reports of circumstantial evidence, how some LRLs stopped working to their full capacity at the same time when some TV stations changed their transmitters.
Still, the information above may be helpful to those who want to experiment.

Best Wishes,
J_P

Morgan
09-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Ercan_usta , Do you know VHF waves and this theory how works???? maybe you build your LRL or PD :D :D.

Great news of a gold find in Greece using one PROTOTYPE of PDK,model that working without VHF waves.

The person who found the object is one forum member,if he want to talk about,he can talk,for the moment I dont say his name.
this is not PDK propaganda,this is all the true about LRL´s that work as LRL´s

here the message :

im take it today the pdk and about half hour later!!!!!!!!!......................
when im searching my yard im locate a peice of GOLD chain about 9 cm long.
5 meters distance and 60 cm depth
i dont believe it how strong it is

thank you for your constraction and if you want anything else to can i test just told me

best regards

Morgan
09-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Great news of a gold find in Greece using one PROTOTYPE of PDK,model that working without VHF waves.

The person who found the object is one forum member,if he want to talk about,he can talk,for the moment I dont say his name.

here the message :

im take it today the pdk and about half hour later!!!!!!!!!......................

thank you for your constraction and if you want anything else to can i test just told me

best regards

This is the model who recently found the gold,in Greece,i make it very sensitive to the point that is possible to locate GOLD in front of the RX coil,the calibration is very tricky but it seems the PDK owner learn very fast :

Morgan
09-13-2012, 12:04 AM

here the message :

best regards

I analize the message,i supose he locate ,triangulate the mark area where the PDK give the signals and ,there is no PI metal detector in the world that can locate a gold chain at 60 cm,so i supose he dig a lot of ground before get the GOLD...

before sold the PDK-2.2 ,all the field tests here was good,only the calibration was trick,anyway I sold the prototype,now is time to build one for me...

Morgan
09-13-2012, 12:06 AM
I analize the message,i supose he locate ,triangulate the mark area where the PDK give the signals and ,there is no PI metal detector in the world that can locate a gold chain at 60 cm,so i supose he dig a lot of ground before get the GOLD...

before sold the PDK-2.2 ,all the field tests here was good,only the calibration was trick,anyway I sold the prototype,now is time to build one for me...

I have some videos with the field test,if qiaohzy want to put them here,i will send to him.

robalocarapanda
09-13-2012, 02:22 AM
congratulation morgan with my pdk.2 i find a silver ring in mexico the equipment is very sensitive and i think you are very I think you're very lucky to have gotten it to work without the help of vhf waves which are somewhat capricious some time the waves come and another don¨t.

best regards

J_Player
09-13-2012, 04:01 AM

here the message :

best regardsHi Morgan,
This is good news.
I would be interested to see a video after you build your next LRL.
I would like to see a video similar to your famous video when you and Geo were demonstrating the PD near your buried gold medal. Hopefully, you will be able to make a video with good quality, so we can see what distance your locator is responding to the buried treasure.

Best Wishes,
J_P

jimys
09-13-2012, 09:00 AM
good morning
im the owner of pdk who make morgan and thanks him again.
yesterday morning i pick the pdk and i test it in my back yard but it doesnt beep anywhere.
when i walk in front of my house to went at an old tree about 150 years old my house is very old builded with rocks beside of the sentral door the pdk start to beeping.what it is here???i cant triangle the target because its beside the house wall IN OLD BENCH WITH CONCRITE COVER.
i dig it of course to see what it is
and i found a piece of gold chain about 9 cm from 5 meters distance and 60 cm depth
here the photo

(http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/821/p9120139.jpg/)

jimys
09-13-2012, 09:05 AM
in the past years usually when someone builded a house they put something gold near the house to be well and strong house.that it is.
if anyone is from my country know that.

morgan thank you

Qiaozhi
09-13-2012, 09:22 AM
I have some videos with the field test,if qiaohzy want to put them here,i will send to him.
Please send me the video, and I will put it here.

Morgan
09-13-2012, 02:19 PM

OK,I will send to you some videos of PDK-2.2

thats true that this PDK respond better to targets than the PDK-2, i think i get the way that no need VHF waves.

Morgan
09-13-2012, 02:27 PM
in the past years usually when someone builded a house they put something gold near the house to be well and strong house.that it is.
if anyone is from my country know that.

morgan thank you

Nice find Jimys,now be patient when go to treasure hunting,I know this LRL has very dificult calibration,but it worth the sacrifice.
Now I´m trying to make more perfect the PDK-2.2,maybe using one Potentiometer multiturn as FINE TUNING,is one ideia,very expensive...

I get the photo of the gold chain,it looks very old :

Morgan
09-14-2012, 03:13 PM

Already sent you 3 videos.

Regards

Geo
09-14-2012, 05:32 PM
Congratulation Morgan.
I wish you to make the perfect LRL.
:):)

MIJ
09-14-2012, 06:51 PM
good morning
im the owner of pdk who make morgan and thanks him again.
yesterday morning i pick the pdk and i test it in my back yard but it doesnt beep anywhere.
when i walk in front of my house to went at an old tree about 150 years old my house is very old builded with rocks beside of the sentral door the pdk start to beeping.what it is here???i cant triangle the target because its beside the house wall IN OLD BENCH WITH CONCRITE COVER.
i dig it of course to see what it is
and i found a piece of gold chain about 9 cm from 5 meters distance and 60 cm depth
here the photo

(http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/821/p9120139.jpg/)

A great result from the first tests with the PDK 2.2 and congratulations to Morgan for his dedication and hard work he has put into this project over many years.

And well done to Jimys on finding the gold chain.

I would be interested to know Jimys how big the pinpoint area was before you started to dig for the chain, and how wide the hole in the ground was before you retrieved it “did you use a metal detector”?

Regards
MIJ

jimys
09-15-2012, 11:24 AM
if stop the rain im pick up some photos from the target place

Morgan
09-15-2012, 02:37 PM
if stop the rain im pick up some photos from the target place

very good.
other important thing,you must try again the PDK-2.2 in the same place to check if there is some more gold or siver objects,but when the rain stop.

Qiaozhi
09-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Video #1 ...

Qiaozhi
09-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Video #2 ...

Qiaozhi
09-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Video #3 ...

maimoune
09-15-2012, 06:43 PM
good news Morgan... PDK-2.2 Works fine
Best wishes

humhum
09-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Video #3 ...

Congrats Master Morgan, Before two year I was build my Pistol Detector with Omega Coil(VLF with Discrimination) and it was detect Hand Energy from 60-70cm distance.

Regards.

Morgan
09-16-2012, 01:13 AM
Congrats Master Morgan, Before two year I was build my Pistol Detector with Omega Coil(VLF with Discrimination) and it was detect Hand Energy from 60-70cm distance.

Regards.

the PDK-2.2 can locate the hand energy,this means it is very sensitive,this happens near the batteries box and the FINE TUNING pot.,but near the RX coil is possible to locate one gold coin 10 cm and not possible to locate the hand energy.

About your PD,i think the arrangement that is locating your hand is good to locate the Phenomenon .

J_Player
09-16-2012, 02:48 AM
the PDK-2.2 can locate the hand energy,this means it is very sensitive,this happens near the batteries box and the FINE TUNING pot.,but near the RX coil is possible to locate one gold coin 10 cm and not possible to locate the hand energy.

About your PD,i think the arrangement that is locating your hand is good to locate the Phenomenon .Hi Morgan,
These are good videos, but they do not tell us what is the distance to the target.
It looks like maybe 2-3 meters.
What is the distance to the target that we see in the first video PDK-2.2 field test?

Best wishes,
J_P

Geo
09-16-2012, 09:01 AM

About your PD,i think the arrangement that is locating your hand is good to locate the Phenomenon .

Hi Morgan.
Again congratulations.
The PD don't locate the energy from your hand but the capacitance between you and (pcb-cables-potentiometer) makes it to change condition and to beep.
What i see from older videos is that on this version you gave more gain and made it more sensitive. Now with this big gain (sensitivity) is it so stable as the older versions????

Regards:)

jimys
09-16-2012, 09:07 AM
here is the target point on the bench

it is in the next post sorry

jimys
09-16-2012, 09:12 AM
[QUOTE=jimys;143487]here is the target point on the bench

(http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/337/p9160140.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

humhum
09-16-2012, 10:39 AM
[QUOTE=Morgan;

About your PD,i think the arrangement that is locating your hand is good to locate the Phenomenon .[/QUOTE]

This is good tidings for me , very thanks, but have problem with Omega VLF coil , that Tx frequency not constant , have continuity alternation (Tx coil freq. slither).

Regards.

Geo
09-16-2012, 11:36 AM
PDK is not the schematic of PD with Omega coil. It is only the passive receiver with some modifications from Morgan who made it more sensitive.

Morgan
09-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Hi Morgan,
These are good videos, but they do not tell us what is the distance to the target.
It looks like maybe 2-3 meters.
What is the distance to the target that we see in the first video PDK-2.2 field test?

Best wishes,
J_P

it looks short distance but is 5 meter.

Morgan
09-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Hi Morgan.
Again congratulations.
The PD don't locate the energy from your hand but the capacitance between you and (pcb-cables-potentiometer) makes it to change condition and to beep.
What i see from older videos is that on this version you gave more gain and made it more sensitive. Now with this big gain (sensitivity) is it so stable as the older versions????

Regards:)

Is very stable,only the calibration to limit of sensitivity need big skill,i think one 10 turns Potentiometer solve the problem,but it cost 80 E here.

Morgan
09-16-2012, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=jimys;143487]here is the target point on the bench

(http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/337/p9160140.jpg/)

Hi Jimys

So,you break the little wall to pick the gold chain?

Then i think you rebuild the wall...

this is what i can understand from this photo.

Geo
09-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Is very stable,only the calibration to limit of sensitivity need big skill,i think one 10 turns Potentiometer solve the problem,but it cost 80 E here.

From ebay you can find it near to 10Euro. Is it 47K or different so to look for you at ebay???

:)

robalocarapanda
09-16-2012, 09:45 PM
i have one or two in mexico can i send you

Morgan
09-16-2012, 09:53 PM
From ebay you can find it near to 10Euro. Is it 47K or different so to look for you at ebay???

They are made in Mexico,the brand BOURNS,47 or 50K for the PDK-2 and 100 K for the PDK-2.2.

Send me the site where you found potentiometers at this price.

Thanks

Morgan
09-16-2012, 09:56 PM
i have one or two in mexico can i send you

no need,but anyway thank you .

Geo found one site where is possible to buy this multiturn more cheap.

jimys
09-17-2012, 05:29 AM
[QUOTE=jimys;143488]

Hi Jimys

So,you break the little wall to pick the gold chain?

Then i think you rebuild the wall...

this is what i can understand from this photo.

Yes thats right

Geo
09-17-2012, 05:52 AM

Here is for 100K. I think that it is OK and for PDK-2. Also i will looking for 47K

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPECTROL-100K-LINEAR-10-TURN-POTENTIOMETER-MULTITURN?item=200808529367&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3D LVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D2102183506364722485#ht_500 wt_1057

Geo
09-17-2012, 06:02 AM
They are made in Mexico,the brand BOURNS,47 or 50K for the PDK-2 and 100 K for the PDK-2.2.

Send me the site where you found potentiometers at this price.

Thanks

Here another cheap potentiometer 50k. 5 potentiometers only 19.69 pounts. They are made in China but no problem. I use them without any problem. Also you can find 5x 100k at the same price. Here the P&P is Free!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5PCS-50k-ohm-503-Multi-10-Turn-Taper-Potentiometer-/170725435995?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c0076a5b#ht_500wt_969

Morgan
09-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Here another cheap potentiometer 50k. 5 potentiometers only 19.69 pounts. They are made in China but no problem. I use them without any problem. Also you can find 5x 100k at the same price. Here the P&P is Free!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5PCS-50k-ohm-503-Multi-10-Turn-Taper-Potentiometer-/170725435995?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c0076a5b#ht_500wt_969

thanks a lot Geo.

dsltrip
10-11-2012, 06:20 PM
thank you for this very nice video
if some one want to buy this unit ,how to start order one of it and can you tell me how much it price ?
thanks a lot

kostas87
10-12-2012, 12:24 PM
hello!
To tell the truth I would buy one pdk!
will soon'm of the few people in GREECE will not have someone pistol detector!: D

dsltrip
10-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Good evening .
i am new member in the forum for two days.the forum watch it about for 3 months.i heard very good words and I read the DIY you've made specifically for the pdk. i wanted to ask you if the device is marketable though is what is the cost of this.The information i found for the pdk was for greek forums and after that, the post on http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums (http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18560&goto=newpost)
(sorry for my english)

Thank you

Morgan
10-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Good evening .
i am new member in the forum for two days.the forum watch it about for 3 months.i heard very good words and I read the DIY you've made specifically for the pdk. i wanted to ask you if the device is marketable though is what is the cost of this.The information i found for the pdk was for greek forums and after that, the post on http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums (http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18560&goto=newpost)
(sorry for my english)

Thank you

The PDK-2 is handmade,it cost same price like a metal detector,usualy i make it for the forum friends.
And what they said about PDK in the greek forum ?

Regards

dsltrip
10-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Hi mr Morgan,in greek forum some people who have th pdk the say that is working very good,but the problem now is that o lot of analogic station they heve been closed so the pdk have loose the distance of the target an also cant find easy the center of target.Also you say mr morgan that usualy make it for the forum friends.So i think the answer in negative for the construction,but if the answer is positive i will be very happy.
Thanks

Morgan
10-16-2012, 12:54 AM
Hi mr Morgan,in greek forum some people who have th pdk the say that is working very good,but the problem now is that o lot of analogic station they heve been closed so the pdk have loose the distance of the target an also cant find easy the center of target.Also you say mr morgan that usualy make it for the forum friends.So i think the answer in negative for the construction,but if the answer is positive i will be very happy.
Thanks

the answer is positive,i can make one PDK-2 for you.
But you need to wait,i´m extremly busy now...

Regards

Goldmaxx
10-16-2012, 10:50 PM
the answer is positive,i can make one PDK-2 for you.
But you need to wait,i´m extremly busy now...

Regards

Hi Morgan,

Congratulations on your successes only once with your PDK.
I think it's absolutely awesome that it works and I am very interested as to test a device.
I follow treaths with enthusiasm and hope someday I myself thanks to your help to build one.
But this will take some time, since I only understand the need, as something works.
I live in Germany and I would be interested if it works here too. I just read that you also for other such would build a device.
Therefore, I'd like to ask you if you could build for me one too. Of course if you have the time to build it.
I would be very happy if it were possible.
Thank you very much.

sorry for my bad english

best regards

Morgan
10-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Hi Morgan,

Congratulations on your successes only once with your PDK.
I think it's absolutely awesome that it works and I am very interested as to test a device.
I follow treaths with enthusiasm and hope someday I myself thanks to your help to build one.
But this will take some time, since I only understand the need, as something works.
I live in Germany and I would be interested if it works here too. I just read that you also for other such would build a device.
Therefore, I'd like to ask you if you could build for me one too. Of course if you have the time to build it.
I would be very happy if it were possible.
Thank you very much.

sorry for my bad english

best regards

As you know i´m very busy now,but if you can wait,later i can start the construction.

In what city of Germany you living ?

regards

Goldmaxx
10-17-2012, 07:21 PM
As you know i´m very busy now,but if you can wait,later i can start the construction.

In what city of Germany you living ?

regards

Hi Morgan,

Thanks a lot, that's very good news. Yes of course I can wait, that's not a problem. :) :thumb:
Just tell me when you've got a ready for me.
I'm looking forward very much to your PDK and am very curious about how it works here.

I live near Limburg, which is about 60 km from Frankfurt.

You live in Portugal, right?

Morgan, thank you build me a PDK, I owe you one.
When the time comes, tell me what you get from me.
If anything I can do for you, please let me know.

best regards

Morgan
10-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Hi Morgan,

Thanks a lot, that's very good news. Yes of course I can wait, that's not a problem. :) :thumb:
Just tell me when you've got a ready for me.
I'm looking forward very much to your PDK and am very curious about how it works here.

I live near Limburg, which is about 60 km from Frankfurt.

You live in Portugal, right?

Morgan, thank you build me a PDK, I owe you one.
When the time comes, tell me what you get from me.
If anything I can do for you, please let me know.

best regards

OK,i´m also curious if the ANALOGIC VHF TV stop in Germany and give place for the new DIGITAL system ???
Maybe you dont know but PDK´s work much better when there is presence of VHF waves.
If no VHF waves they still work,but need very critical calibration into the limits.

Regards

Goldmaxx
10-21-2012, 11:03 PM
OK,i´m also curious if the ANALOGIC VHF TV stop in Germany and give place for the new DIGITAL system ???
Maybe you dont know but PDK´s work much better when there is presence of VHF waves.
If no VHF waves they still work,but need very critical calibration into the limits.

Regards

Hi Morgan

Hmmm, I'm even more curious, as we run the VHF analog signal was shut down on 30.04.2012 already and it now only has digital TV. :frown:
This is very interesting, but what's that analog VHF TV signal causes for the buried object, or the PDK?
I always thought that such a device could detect the "aura" of metals. it is reinforced by the analog VHF TV waves?
It would be very interested, and I hope you do not bother with my asking

best regards

Morgan
10-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Hi Morgan

Hmmm, I'm even more curious, as we run the VHF analog signal was shut down on 30.04.2012 already and it now only has digital TV. :frown:
This is very interesting, but what's that analog VHF TV signal causes for the buried object, or the PDK?
I always thought that such a device could detect the "aura" of metals. it is reinforced by the analog VHF TV waves?
It would be very interested, and I hope you do not bother with my asking

best regards

That is correct,the VHF waves reinforced the ELECTROMAGNETIC field around buried gold/silver objects.
Also here the old ANALOG TV VHF transmitions stop 24.04.2012,and i note the PDK was not able to pick targets after that,the new DIGITAL UHF TV waves are useless.
But fortunatly i develop some upgrades in the PDK and new calibrations that make the LRL pick the targets again,however the presence of VHF waves are very good for the PDK´s.

Here complete INSTRUCTIONS for the PDK-2.1,that will make you understand how it works.

INSTRUCTIONS :

1-The TUNING knob must be all the time on the triangle mark,is the full power.

2-The FINE TUNING it must be completly to the left position when you switch ON the PDK , and slowly rotate to the right(arrow direction) until start the beeps ALLWAYS in the referenced marked area,in searching mode the knob must be all the time in the reference marks,then you need to calibrate the LRL to the critical point when your finger touch the knob and emit intermitent beeps it means is ready for search,and time to time check with finger if is sensitive,if emit the beeps,sometimes need little adjustments when batteries go low.
Use ALKALINE batteries,or 9V rechargeable,never 10V batt.
The batteries can stay 2 or 3 hours,check the batt. condition by pressing the little knob,while pressing if RED LED stay open it means low batteries,change batteries.

Very important : when the PDK is ON,your MOBILE must be OFF to avoid interference.
If people stay in front of PDK will mask the buried metals PHENOMENON,people must be behind the PDK,when you searching or pinpointing the objects.

CALIBRATION TO LIMIT OF SENSITIVITY :
This calibration must be done far from electrical sources(not possible to make calibration at home becouse of electrical interferences),with one hand in the handle ,(the TUNING knob must be in the TRIANGLE mark) and slowly move the FINE TUNING to the right until the LRL beeps intermitent like a sonar while touching the knob with finger. This way is very sensitive.
If this calibration result with erratic signals,reduce just a bit to the left until is stable.But it must beeps when touching the knob.
Is usefull if you searching in remote areas very far from TV VHF transmitters,where not exist RF electromagnetic waves,so the PDK must stay in top sensitivity to pick the targets.

CALIBRATION TO MINIMUM SENSITIVITY :
This calibration is usefull if you are working not far from VHF TRANSMITTER. The VHF waves increase PDK power in 50% to locate the PHENOMENON(electromagnetic field around buried metal) of GOLD/SILVER buried objects.
Also this calibration is very useful when you searching in places where there is ground or transmitters interferences that make the PDK unstable,using this calibration is very stable,it will emit beeps only for gold or silver metals.
The PDK is tuned with frequency to find only noble metals .
This calibration consist in keep the FINE TUNING knob to emit only one beep when you touch the knob with finger,the capacitance make the circuit to emit ony one beep when PDK is sensitive,or many intermitent beeps(like a sonar) when is very sensitive.

Objects distances and deep :

very old coin - 8 m distance, the maximum reported deep was 60 cm

large object 20X20cm - 80 m distance,the deep can be even more than 5 m.

NOTE:

More time the object is underground,more intensive is the electromagnetic field around object,more distance will be located. Objectes buried less than 20 years ago are not possible to be located.
Searching in fields worked constantly by tractors is not possible to pick targets(electromagnetic field was destroyed) ,however is possible to pick the tagets below the tractors worked area,or places where the ground was not touched.
About the best weather conditions,PDK can be used with all weather conditions except when is raining days, high humidity can damage the circuits or produce interferences.

Morgan
10-23-2012, 03:57 PM
That is correct,the VHF waves reinforced the ELECTROMAGNETIC field around buried gold/silver objects.
Also here the old ANALOG TV VHF transmitions stop 24.04.2012,and i note the PDK was not able to pick targets after that,the new DIGITAL UHF TV waves are useless.
But fortunatly i develop some upgrades in the PDK and new calibrations that make the LRL pick the targets again,however the presence of VHF waves are very good for the PDK´s.

Here complete INSTRUCTIONS for the PDK-2.1,that will make you understand how it works.

INSTRUCTIONS :

2-The FINE TUNING it must be completly to the left position when you switch ON the PDK , and slowly rotate to the right(arrow direction) until start the beeps ALLWAYS in the referenced marked area,in searching mode the knob must be all the time in the reference marks,then you need to calibrate the LRL to the critical point when your finger touch the knob and emit intermitent beeps it means is ready for search,and time to time check with finger if is sensitive,if emit the beeps,sometimes need little adjustments when batteries go low.
The batteries can stay 2 or 3 hours,check the batt. condition by pressing the little knob,while pressing if RED LED stay open it means low batteries,change batteries.

Very important : when the PDK is ON,your MOBILE must be OFF to avoid interference.
If people stay in front of PDK will mask the buried metals PHENOMENON,people must be behind the PDK,when you searching or pinpointing the objects.

This calibration must be done far from electrical sources(not possible to make calibration at home becouse of electrical interferences),with one hand in the handle ,(the TUNING knob must be in the TRIANGLE mark) and slowly move the FINE TUNING to the right until the LRL beeps intermitent like a sonar while touching the knob with finger. This way is very sensitive.
If this calibration result with erratic signals,reduce just a bit to the left until is stable.But it must beeps when touching the knob.
Is usefull if you searching in remote areas very far from TV VHF transmitters,where not exist RF electromagnetic waves,so the PDK must stay in top sensitivity to pick the targets.

This calibration is usefull if you are working not far from VHF TRANSMITTER. The VHF waves increase PDK power in 50% to locate the PHENOMENON(electromagnetic field around buried metal) of GOLD/SILVER buried objects.
Also this calibration is very useful when you searching in places where there is ground or transmitters interferences that make the PDK unstable,using this calibration is very stable,it will emit beeps only for gold or silver metals.
This calibration consist in keep the FINE TUNING knob to emit only one beep when you touch the knob with finger,the capacitance make the circuit to emit ony one beep when PDK is sensitive,or many intermitent beeps(like a sonar) when is very sensitive.

NOTE:

More time the object is underground,more intensive is the electromagnetic field around object,more distance will be located. Objectes buried less than 20 years ago are not possible to be located.
Searching in fields worked constantly by tractors is not possible to pick targets(electromagnetic field was destroyed) ,however is possible to pick the tagets below the tractors worked area,or places where the ground was not touched.
About the best weather conditions,PDK can be used with all weather conditions except when is raining days, high humidity can damage the circuits or produce interferences.

putrechigi
10-24-2012, 01:05 PM
hello morgan could build a pdk for me when you have time? I can wait a year and a half if you need to, but I hope to soon have

Goldmaxx
10-24-2012, 09:00 PM

INSTRUCTIONS :

NOTE:

Morgan, you are a genius to build such a device and many thanks for the very good explanation of the function and very good instructions.
I understand now what the device reacts and what it displays.
How well the device you could update the same.
You could compile the device with a mini VHF transmitter, so you will send its own VHF waves?
Or it would interfere with the electronics?
If the device after the update exactly as sensitive as before?

Morgan, I must say, that's really awesome what you've built.
Exactly what I've been looking for. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

If that's true with the search performance what you've written, it's more than I expected. It's really perfect.
We have here with us a lot of forests, the device will work in the woods just as well?

Where I live, there are many Roman, Celtic and medieval deserted villages, the objects that I seek, therefore lie a very long time in the soil and should be good to locate with your PDK.
With a standard MD searches are very difficult and usually they do not even all that deep.

Morgan, the device is bought, Please tell me if you have a finished for me.
I I'm looking very excited and can hardly wait to try one. ;) :thumb:

Finally, I have a small question. I tinker and love to experiment and saw that you have also published some schematics,
unfortunately I am not a specialist in electronics, but would love to immerse myself in this matter, because I find very interesting.
Could I contact you if I have questions?

Thank you very much

best Regards

Nicolas
10-24-2012, 10:49 PM
Hi all

GPR antennas so you can work close to the ground. VHF waves, only works for GPR s.

:nono:

With reservations about the publication here

best time
Nicolas

Nicolas
10-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Video #3 PDK well calibrate locate hand energy and Gold.rar (http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18076&d=1347729138) ...

Hi all

What this type of calibration?????

I don't understand !!!!!!!:D:D

Morgan
10-25-2012, 12:06 AM
hello morgan could build a pdk for me when you have time? I can wait a year and a half if you need to, but I hope to soon have

Is possible,but my work not aloud me to have spare time to make the PDK´s that people are asking me. Two PDK´s per month thats the best i can do...yes,need to waith.
Hope you find nice treasures in Italy with PDK.

Regards

Morgan
10-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Hi all

What this type of calibration?????

I don't understand !!!!!!!:D:D

About the VHF waves,this is one real fact that when they finish here the VHF ANALOG transmittions at 24-04-2012 the PDK lose 50% of the power,so how we can explain that ???

About the hand energy,is for those who not understand the word capacitance.

Nicolas
10-25-2012, 12:23 AM
About the VHF waves,this is one real fact that when they finish here the VHF ANALOG transmittions at 24-04-2012 the PDK lose 50% of the power,so how we can explain that ???

About the hand energy,is for those who not understand the word capacitance.

Hi Morgan
Thanks for that explanation

Good work

Morgan
10-25-2012, 12:25 AM
Morgan, you are a genius to build such a device and many thanks for the very good explanation of the function and very good instructions.
I understand now what the device reacts and what it displays.
How well the device you could update the same.
You could compile the device with a mini VHF transmitter, so you will send its own VHF waves?
Or it would interfere with the electronics?
If the device after the update exactly as sensitive as before?

Morgan, I must say, that's really awesome what you've built.
Exactly what I've been looking for. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

If that's true with the search performance what you've written, it's more than I expected. It's really perfect.
We have here with us a lot of forests, the device will work in the woods just as well?

Where I live, there are many Roman, Celtic and medieval deserted villages, the objects that I seek, therefore lie a very long time in the soil and should be good to locate with your PDK.
With a standard MD searches are very difficult and usually they do not even all that deep.

Morgan, the device is bought, Please tell me if you have a finished for me.
I I'm looking very excited and can hardly wait to try one. ;) :thumb:

Finally, I have a small question. I tinker and love to experiment and saw that you have also published some schematics,
unfortunately I am not a specialist in electronics, but would love to immerse myself in this matter, because I find very interesting.
Could I contact you if I have questions?

Thank you very much

best Regards

I made some PDK´s ,and fortunatly most of the users send me email telling me about good findings,however they not want to put photos of the objects here,they are right.

I know very well the forests from south of Germany,i was there TH many times,i participate in a few TH rallyes organized by Thomas,i win nice trophy there,but was some years ago before i build the PDK...Hope to return there ,and well equiped with my PDK-3.

Also i would like to build one PDK-2 for you,but give me some time. Send me PM with your email.

Regards

Goldmaxx
10-25-2012, 11:13 PM
I made some PDK´s ,and fortunatly most of the users send me email telling me about good findings,however they not want to put photos of the objects here,they are right.

I know very well the forests from south of Germany,i was there TH many times,i participate in a few TH rallyes organized by Thomas,i win nice trophy there,but was some years ago before i build the PDK...Hope to return there ,and well equiped with my PDK-3.

Also i would like to build one PDK-2 for you,but give me some time. Send me PM with your email.

Regards

Hi Morgan,

yes the TH rallyes are very funny, I sometimes made ​​with, but in our area.
When you are once again in Germany, we would like to meet us.
Would be very happy to meet you.

Thank you Morgan I am very pleased that you build me a PDK-2.
Of course I'll give you the time to build me a PDK. I'm glad you're my ever build one.

If I have one, I will also report you my success. :)

PM is on the way

best regards

putrechigi
11-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Is possible,but my work not aloud me to have spare time to make the PDK´s that people are asking me. Two PDK´s per month thats the best i can do...yes,need to waith.
Hope you find nice treasures in Italy with PDK.

Regards
hi morgan thanks will wait with impatience, I hope to have my pd to see if the two legends of my homeland are true or not, in the meantime if you or geo passed by rome contact me I would like to bring in a perfect place to take your test

Morgan
11-05-2012, 12:35 AM
hi morgan thanks will wait with impatience, I hope to have my pd to see if the two legends of my homeland are true or not, in the meantime if you or geo passed by rome contact me I would like to bring in a perfect place to take your test

It is in my plans to visit Germay,and again Italy,this time want to search with PDK-2.1 or 3.
but is dificult to find free time to go in vacation for TH.

BTW- i quit from the PDK´s construction for TH people,now i will use the free time for my searches with LRL ,sorry my friend,i know you and many others was waithing for PDK LRL´s...
have a look on thread " My new PDK"

brasilpb
01-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Staff would like to know if there is any way to speed up the process of the phenomenon that occurs when gold is buried for a long time, one solder a wire to the target and then connect to a DC power source and make like a electrolysis, this will make him age quickly, will it work?

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6329/eletrolise.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/eletrolise.png/)

Christos1111
01-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Can you let me know please how we can bye
The pdk??

Christos1111
01-08-2013, 01:24 PM
buy sorry

Morgan
01-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Can you let me know please how we can bye
The pdk??

there are a few people who have PDK´s,specialy from Greece,sure if they find your thread they talk with you,and maybe someone sell one PDK-2.1...

Regards

Christos1111
01-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Can you build one for me too please??
If yes how many time you need for?
Regards
Christos

Avanturis
01-10-2014, 09:35 PM
Hi Morgan!!!
I'm from Macedonia,and I'm new in forum.I wanna to buy PDK locator for gold and silver.
Is it possible for me to make a PDK locator?Tell me please.
Best regards!

Morgan
01-10-2014, 10:24 PM
Hi Morgan!!!
I'm from Macedonia,and I'm new in forum.I wanna to buy PDK locator for gold and silver.
Best regards!

Hello

There is no schematic for PDK-2.1

I remember there is one forum member who want to sell his PDK

Morgan
01-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Hi Morgan!!!
Best regards!

Try to find someone here who can sell a second hand PDK-2.1 for you.
If nobody sell to you,later maybe next month,i found free time to build one for you.

regards

Nicolas
01-11-2014, 03:51 AM
Try to find someone here who can sell a second hand PDK-2.1 for you.
If nobody sell to you,later maybe next month,i found free time to build one for you.

regards

Hi My friend Morgan

This Your vresion of the PDK 2.1

Ihere is a member want sell this but the cost is so much 3500 Euros :angry::D:D:cool:

What think you about this price????:lol::(

Geo
01-11-2014, 06:43 AM
Nicolas this PDK is the same with other.... only difference is the box so its price is about to 500 euro.

Nicolas
01-11-2014, 07:41 AM
Nicolas this PDK is the same with other.... only difference is the box so its price is about to 500 euro.

Thank you Geo

But the menber need sell her PDK 500 x 7 = 3500 Erous :angry:

Exploitation of obscene:nono::nono:

Morgan
01-11-2014, 11:59 AM
Thank you Geo

But the menber need sell her PDK 500 x 7 = 3500 Erous :angry:

Exploitation of obscene:nono::nono:

Hello

this PDK is old model with more complex wood box.

And the owner , sell for the price he want, this unit was changed ,he gave me one MIneoro in change for that PDK,so 3500 is not expensive, this kind of PDK is unique and model use diferent extras from other PDKs,however circuit is the same Passive Receptor ,construction is very difficult,I made only this one.

Regards

Morgan
01-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Hello

And the owner , sell for the price he want, this unit was changed ,he gave me one MIneoro in change for that PDK,so 3500 is not expensive, this kind of PDK is unique and model use diferent extras from other PDKs,however circuit is the same Passive Receptor ,construction is very difficult,I made only this one.

Regards

Note: circuit is the Alonso Passive Receiver present in the RS for everybody , not identique of PDK-2.1, and if you see this RX coil as SILVER LOOP together,one experiment,so this PDK is between PDK-1 and PDK-2,very far from PDK-2.1 that is modificated circuit,but similar.

regards

Nicolas
01-11-2014, 08:29 PM
Hello

Regards

Well my dear Morgan I understand thanks.