PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Gold & Silver Sticks

Qiaozhi
11-22-2010, 07:49 PM
I see that this nonsense is now being advertised on the UK eBay site ->
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Colorado-Gold-Silver-Sticks-Metal-Detectors-Killer-/300493709085?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f6d21f1d
Complete with spelling mistakes and bad grammar. :lol:

... we make them from soap boxes.
Hmmm ... a good quality product then? :D

The Colorado Gold & Sticks can locate a hidden cache at a depth of 20 feet. using an analog signal. Digital units can cost up to $3600.
Our analog device is only $155.
Wow! ... What a bargain! :rolleyes:

We are selling these units knowing that some people will have problems getting them to work.
Uh-oh! I'm starting to get nervous. :???:

Please make sure that you practice for a week with both Frequencies before leaving us a negative feedback because you cannot work them.
Now I'm getting suspicious. Do they really work? :shrug:

You also agree that you are buying them as is and no refunds will be issued.
Now I know it's a scam. I'm being warned that I'll never get my money back if they don't work. :eek:

you simply pay for shipping and agree to practice for one week with Gold, and silver, and will give them the benefit of doubt before e-mailing us nasty letters.
Must be lots of dissatisfied customers. :cry:

I think I'll give it a miss. :razz:

Carl-NC
11-22-2010, 09:03 PM
I guess I'm a crafty consumer, as I bought mine for only $55. Got a nice soap holder, plus two L-rods that are handy-dandy for cleaning out the pitot tube of my Lear jet.

J_Player
11-22-2010, 10:52 PM
I guess I'm a crafty consumer, as I bought mine for only $55. Got a nice soap holder, plus two L-rods that are handy-dandy for cleaning out the pitot tube of my Lear jet.Only $55... so they went up by $100 over the last couple years.
Usually when the price of a product is increased, we see the words "New, Improved" on the label.
But this looks like the same old product that cost $55 before no changes were made.

Ooops.... there are some changes...
New, improved notice of no guarantee, and notice to pay the shipping in case it doesn't work.
I guess it is new and improved after all. :cool:

Best wishes
J_P

takhslambos
11-22-2010, 10:56 PM
nice nothing for 155 $

Carl-NC
11-23-2010, 12:37 AM
Usually when the price of a product is increased, we see the words "New, Improved" on the label.
But this looks like the same old product that cost $55 before no changes were made.

I think in the latest product he's added an LED. An LED! Holly Smoks, I better get me a new 'un, get that dag gum new fangled LED.

Kevco
11-28-2010, 02:46 AM
This is for your information only - and I'm not posting this to support these "sticks" :) I think they are a waste!

I know the guy who makes these personally - by coincidence (yes, that photo is him). He is part of a local gold prospecting & MD'ing club.

I stopped by his shop last week, and he was telling about making 4-6 CO Au Sticks, and he was about to ship them to the UK. He was soldering something with two tone alerts on it (and LEDs). The small tone producing box, produces one of either two tones (supposedly one for silver, and the other for gold). He asked if I had a gold ring on (yes), and then turned on this tone box, with the audible tone for "gold". He then walked around with what looks like the water hunting two coat hanger trick (i.e. dowsing or water witching). Supposedly the tone causes either gold or silver to be detected by the dowsing rods (I have STRONG DOUBTS on the physics of this). I am using the term "dowsing", but he disagreed with me calling it that. Anyway, he replied to me by showing me his hand with some large silver rings on, and claimed he found them with his "CO Au sticks". We agreed to disagree, and I dropped the argument.

I had gone through a couple months of dowsing with a metal detecting friend back in the early 1980s. It didn't take long to give it up :) That became an exercise in digging empty holes, and finding strange things other than what I was supposed to find. Once I was trying to find buried gold, but dug up some cigarette cellophane, which seemed to attract the dowsing rods (ha ha!). I did NOT buy them, but rather made them from bent welding rods.

Carl-NC
11-28-2010, 03:17 AM
So he found silver rings with Colorado Gold Sticks, eh? Betcha a metal detector played a very prominent role in those finds.

Don't feel bad about the cigarette cellophane... likely contains several gold atoms.

Rudy
11-28-2010, 03:41 AM
Ahh shucks! And here I was hoping they'd be on sale during Black Friday. :razz:

Qiaozhi
11-28-2010, 10:20 AM
This is for your information only - and I'm not posting this to support these "sticks" :) I think they are a waste!

I know the guy who makes these personally - by coincidence (yes, that photo is him). He is part of a local gold prospecting & MD'ing club.

I stopped by his shop last week, and he was telling about making 4-6 CO Au Sticks, and he was about to ship them to the UK. He was soldering something with two tone alerts on it (and LEDs). The small tone producing box, produces one of either two tones (supposedly one for silver, and the other for gold). He asked if I had a gold ring on (yes), and then turned on this tone box, with the audible tone for "gold". He then walked around with what looks like the water hunting two coat hanger trick (i.e. dowsing or water witching). Supposedly the tone causes either gold or silver to be detected by the dowsing rods (I have STRONG DOUBTS on the physics of this). I am using the term "dowsing", but he disagreed with me calling it that. Anyway, he replied to me by showing me his hand with some large silver rings on, and claimed he found them with his "CO Au sticks". We agreed to disagree, and I dropped the argument.

I had gone through a couple months of dowsing with a metal detecting friend back in the early 1980s. It didn't take long to give it up :) That became an exercise in digging empty holes, and finding strange things other than what I was supposed to find. Once I was trying to find buried gold, but dug up some cigarette cellophane, which seemed to attract the dowsing rods (ha ha!). I did NOT buy them, but rather made them from bent welding rods.
Thanks Kevco for the information.
Unfortunately one poor soul from the UK was suckered into buying these "waste of time" dowsing rods from the eBay advert I posted earlier. There were 4 on offer, but only 1 sold. That's $163.75 / £104.69 down the pan. :frown: