PDA

View Full Version : Where are the random beeps?

hung
08-23-2010, 12:53 AM
Got back today from one of the treasure sites where I spent the weekend.

After receiving several requests in PM to shoot a video demonstrating an actual detection of a target, I decided to finally do it tough it might be relevant only for the users of those devices as a kind of tutorial of an actual situation they should encounter when in the field.

In the video after the initial beeps at around 400 feet, and aproaching the location, I decreased gain to get closer and be able to pinpoint it. Video starts at this moment.
The target occupies around 5 feet square and it's estimated at 10 feet deep.
There are no random beeps as I demonstrate pointing the device sideways and the only beeps happen within the 5 feet square area frame.
I thought this site was perfect for the demonstration, tough I could not remain there much longer due to this being a private property and the security watcher was around. So I was in a hurry.
As you can see, the field emanations are strong causing the device's behavior resemble that of an ordinary MD.
I omitted the name and brand of device in the video as it's not my intention to turn this into a comercail advertisement. I even thought about editing this video with a black tag over the model logo, but it would take time and I decided to leave as it is.
Anyway, this is also a FG90 within a FG80 enclosure. It has a high/low gain switch toggle at the right side of panel.

Hope this helps guys.

PS. Sorry for the bad shooting. I had to hold the camera in my right hand and the device with my left one. So the view finder sometimes got on the way...
I had not the time to shoot it again for the reasons explained above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMPbjoiyP7A

detectoman
08-23-2010, 01:40 AM
hung: you need any teaching lessons for take than simplest videos
these video due be take for other driver to any mts away
what whit your own hot lrl show? these isnt any proof
brother hung usted necesita unas lecciones de ensenanza para tomar tan simples videos
ese video debio ser tomado por otro operador desde unos metros alejado
entonces veriamos bien la operacion y los beeps, y que con un corte de donde saco lo que ahi estaba? yo lo que veo es un antiguo hoyo de topo de reciente colada de agua
en verdad me defrauda mi amigo, tanto bla bla y salir con esa frustante demostracion, exponga sus propios lrl ya que se precia de ser un gran modificador de estos, vaya usted hace videos peor que un nino
si con ese profesionismo expande sus invenciones estamos amolados
sea dicho con todo respeto, y aparte mi aprecio por usted
yo no tengo buena camara que si no les mostraba como se hace una real demostracion, use el programa para cortar videos, asi presenta la secuencia completa en cortos
un abrazo mi amigo hung
atte hobbist detectoman

Geo
08-23-2010, 04:41 AM

After receiving several requests in PM to shoot a video demonstrating an actual detection of a target, I decided to finally do it tough it might be relevant only for the users of those devices as a kind of tutorial of an actual situation they should encounter when in the field.

In the video after the initial beeps at around 400 feet, and aproaching the location, I decreased gain to get closer and be able to pinpoint it. Video starts at this moment.
There are no random beeps as I demonstrate pointing the device sideways and the only beeps happen within the 5 feet square area frame.
I thought this site was perfect for the demonstration, tough I could not remain there much longer due to this being a private property and the security watcher was around. So I was in a hurry.
As you can see, the field emanations are strong causing the device's behavior resemble that of an ordinary MD.
I omitted the name and brand of device in the video as it's not my intention to turn this into a comercail advertisement. I even thought about editing this video with a black tag over the model logo, but it would take time and I decided to leave as it is.
Anyway, this is also a FG90 within a FG80 enclosure. It has a high/low gain switch toggle at the right side of panel.

Hope this helps guys.

PS. Sorry for the bad shooting. I had to hold the camera in my right hand and the device with my left one. So the view finder sometimes got on the way...

Hi Hung.
Good work!!!!
But now they will say that video is not good..... or you may have any transmitter hidden ....or any button on the Mineoro hidden so to press it and beep... etc etc....
So, why you spend your time with them?????

Regards:)

J_Player
08-23-2010, 05:08 AM
hung: you need any teaching lessons for take than simplest videos
these video due be take for other driver to any mts away
what whit your own hot lrl show? these isnt any proof
brother hung usted necesita unas lecciones de ensenanza para tomar tan simples videos
ese video debio ser tomado por otro operador desde unos metros alejado
entonces veriamos bien la operacion y los beeps, y que con un corte de donde saco lo que ahi estaba? yo lo que veo es un antiguo hoyo de topo de reciente colada de agua
en verdad me defrauda mi amigo, tanto bla bla y salir con esa frustante demostracion, exponga sus propios lrl ya que se precia de ser un gran modificador de estos, vaya usted hace videos peor que un nino
si con ese profesionismo expande sus invenciones estamos amolados
sea dicho con todo respeto, y aparte mi aprecio por usted
yo no tengo buena camara que si no les mostraba como se hace una real demostracion, use el programa para cortar videos, asi presenta la secuencia completa en cortos
un abrazo mi amigo hung
atte hobbist detectomanHi Dman,
I agree it would be good to watch a video of detecting from a distance which also shows the beeping at some large distance from the treasure. Since hung said the initial beeps began at around 400 feet, there are people who would rather see the video from 400 feet distance to know what kind of beeping it makes at 400 feet from the target. Maybe they would also like to see the target dug to see what the LRL found.
But hung did not say this video is for proving the long range detection distance of the LRL, or even that it is to show it found metal. He talked about demonstrating there are not random beeps when detecting from close range for pinpointing.

But now they will say that video is not good..... or you may have any transmitter hidden ....or any button on the Mineoro hidden so to press it and beep... etc Of Course this is correct. We can expect the beeping is not the same when using this LRL from a long distance. And if it would appear there is detection from long distance, many people would tell reasons why the long range beeping does not mean the LRL is detecting a treasure. At the same time many people would tell the reasons why it is detecting from long distance. I think the only way to know is to see it working in front of you. If you use it with your own hands and you see what it finds, with nobody else to tell you what is located or not, then you will no there is no trick that is made by someone else. You will also be able to see what kind of beeps come when you are farther distances from the location that makes the most beeps on the ground.

After receiving several requests in PM to shoot a video demonstrating an actual detection of a target, I decided to finally do it tough it might be relevant only for the users of those devices as a kind of tutorial of an actual situation they should encounter when in the field.Hi hung,
This looks like a good video for people who own this model and want help to see how you use it in close range conditions.

Here are some observations I made of this video:

1. The video began at a location that appears to be about 6 feet, or 2 meters away from the place that makes the most beeps. So we can assume this is a video that shows how the beeps sound from 6 feet away from something that causes the LRL to beep. The pinpointing showed an area of maybe 5 feet diameter where the center of beeping is. I would presume further pinpointing is usually done with a metal detector, then some metal object is recovered, if buried metal is causing the beeping.

2. The ground where the most beeping is heard does not have much plant growth compared to the ground to the sides. In the beginning of the video, it looks almost like a foot path that is not used much. As the video continues. we see mostly tree branches and dead leaves in this area, and some of the ground looks like it may have been walked on recently. If this is a foot path, it could be a place where people drop metal things as they walk by. Or it could be a place where people stop to rest under the shade of the nearby trees, which would also make it a likely spot for dropping metal things.

3. The compass shows several compass directions. In the beginning time (0:25 - 0:27), we see it is showing West. Then, ten seconds later, without turning the direction of the box (0:35 - 0:37), we see the compass is showing South. It remained on South for a long time, but by (1:16) it has shifted beyond Southeast, and is moving toward East. By (1:40) the compass is showing East. This probably means nothing about the beeping, but it seems strange the compass would move from West to East, while the appearance is the locator was not turned during the first compass shift, and the box was turned maybe a quarter turn by the time the compass showed south.

Best wishes,
J_P

Qiaozhi
08-23-2010, 09:41 AM

Hope this helps guys.

OK - this is a lot better. ;)

However, you have to admit that the consistency of the beeping leaves a lot to be desired. There appears to be more beeping in one particular spot, but what happens if you circle around the area? Does it still beep at the same place?

Unfortunately, unless you start digging, this is still an unproven treasure location.

hung
08-23-2010, 09:57 AM
1 - No problem. I will try to shoot a video from long range when I return to this site in a few weeks.
In fact I could have started the video from far away indeed, but believe me, this was the first time I actually entered this location and aproached this target. My intention was shooting a video at one other location already identified and close to a saline. About a month ago I had already got some hits from about this distance, 400 feet away according to google earth. But could not get closer due to a barbed wire fence apparently surrounding the whole perimeter and also because I was returning from site #1 and it was getting late.

This past weekend, when returning to the area, I noticed that I could get in through an opening. So I turned the device on, pointed in the direction I had got a hit weeks ago and it beeped again. This time I started to walk towards it in a strait line through a dried and old saline. Yes I had the camera in my other hand but did not think about starting the shooting. That was the first time I was aproaching the signal source and I was involved in this process. Plus, I was paying attention to the presence of anyone around as I was getting closer.
Somewhere a little past halfway, I lost the beeps and I had to recalibrate the device for a slight more gain. Then it returned and the device beeps started intermitently. One more time I had to touch the calibration and reduce gain. I don't reallly know if the cause for this was due to an emanatin peculiarity or the device itself. I had around 170 in the knob at that point, but when I was closer and in order to pinpoint, I reduced to 70 or less.

2 - Watching the video again, It gives the impression that I am really close to the exact point doesn't it? But now I see that I had part of the zoom button engaged!:lol:
What a jackass. I had not noticed this when I was shooting. If I did I could have returned that damn button back to normal.
In reality the images were shot at about12 to 15 feet away. In the parts I aproach and the beeps are intermitent, it gives the impression I am almost touching it in the ground, but no. I am still about 2 to 3 feet away. No wonder the device almost does not fit the screen. I had that zoom partially engaged.

3 - You noticed it very well. The ground location appears with no bushes and like a path for people walk. Actually the path for people walk is to the right about 60 feet away. That bushless track appears to have been a stream or brook in the past and now it's dry.
It also could have been an outflow for the salines in the location.
This is a very ancient place where the jesuits were present in the days the indians had the salines in their pocession. The beeps pinpointed the location exactly under that narrow dried stream.
So, only two options. This target is either buried or... Or it lies inside an underground tunnel, as history says the jesuits had escape tunnels linking that location to the main church. This gets even more intriguing as a local friend told me he met an ancient resident who once fell inside one of them exactly in that area! Problem is that no further info will be released as this old man is now deceased.

4 - I moved the device a lot to the sides, to demonstrate the absence of beeps when the calibration is low and there is a good emanation to trigger the circuit. Don't try to guide yourself though the compass as it is showing in the video as it is not always accurate due to the constant movement of my hand. In fact I could have had my local friend to shoot it but I tend to keep discretion on this.

Geo and Dman:
The purpose for this video WAS NOT to make a film documentary about a treasure or anything. It's purpose was solely demonstrate how the device behaves in the presence of a possible target and the actions to be made when it occurs. I say possible target, because obviously I had not recovered anything yet so I cannot say it is a target indeed. But according to the behavior and based on similar ones in the past, it indicated that it looks promising. This video is intended to some users here who asked for a real field situation. Despite the incompetence of the video shooter:D, I hope the mentioned goal has been achieved.

Regards.

hung
08-23-2010, 10:19 AM
There appears to be more beeping in one particular spot, but what happens if you circle around the area? Does it still beep at the same place?

Yes that is a good point. I could have done that, but there are bushes to the side, something that will make a circular move around the spot very impractical and awkard. I was worried about getting that video done in the shorter time possible as the keeper of that place was around.
If you watch closely the compass, I am pointing the device in a west-east direction. And we all know that the stronger emanation is in the north-south direction being north at my back. This means that when I initially pointed the device to get beeps from 400 feet away it was in a east-west direction. So I am certain that if I happened to position myself in a north-south direction, the range for the beeps would at least double.

It's not a matter of this video being better in terms of beepin behavior or not compared to that of gaucho1961. Each location and conditions will be different. So no way the behaviors will be similar.
I have watched many times already his video and I have an opinion, tough it's very hard to emit a definitive one as I was not there at his site.
But it seems to me that the beeps appearing sporadic and with time lags might indicate as I said, the edge of the emanation field of a big mass.

But this behavior is also very typical when indicating the presence of gold veins. With gold veins, the capilarity of streams come from more than one side until it forms a concentration. So the device beeps more or less depending on the direction he points and also depending on the mass amount able to trigger the beeps. When this happens, it gives the impression the beeps are sporadic, when in fact this is not the case.
This behavior is also very similar when you have gold coins spread in the ground. No way you can pinpoint them one by one as their emanations interact.
So, in my opinion, there is a very, very good chance that the device is indicating the presence of concentration and veins at that location. And if they do, they will be a lot deeper than the depth of that hole.

Morgan
08-23-2010, 01:36 PM

Hope this helps guys.

Hi Hung

Nice video,but the reality is allways diferent with MINEORO,i mean HERE in my country,we never get this consistent signals,but allways sparzed,maybe its becouse in Brazil rain a lot during the year...and make bigger the PHENOMENON,maybe...

detectoman
08-23-2010, 03:51 PM
where are the random beeps?
or where are the supuse treasure or veins?
or where are the tryies bright lrl modificated projects of you hung
hung: i look may cousin morgan gave whit pd major videos vs these
the video morgan pd is constant beeps and progresive, what random thing mineoro?
hung if you no want demo you identidad pongase una peluca chamarra y lentes para disfraz y haga su video donde se vea usted como operador, ponga zoom, haga buen profesional video, remember morgan show an video whit he body to view, very good filme, too geo
the skeptic make joke of all these infantil videos, need video whit us seeing part of the treasure recovery
yours say obtain many treasures, then make proof videos have many oportunites of take videos
disfracense y hagan un video in real time of prospection and excavations, for cheap' the skeptics, why major show your own projects in action not the random mineoro
whit best whises for hung
detectoman mexico

detectoman
08-23-2010, 04:01 PM
my pc is an poor turtle?, but i see the heavy hung video isnt any good demo
may be these camera is of excesive hig resolution, very modern, and no appropiate for may laptop, or is an rudimentary taiwanese camera whit very low resolution, i not understand, any videos have pc start problem

Funfinder
08-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Why has this Mineoro to beep?
My opinion: this was really a bad solution.
Sure - there is a piezo-beeper because a speaker could interfere with the EM-field etc. but this beeping would drive me crazy! Especially if it beeps first at an exact location and the second time it does not beep again.

I would prefer at least a row of 10 ultrabright LEDs and if the energy gets stronger more lamps start to shine.

This way you also could coordinate your movements with the device much better.

Perhaps it is no random beep, but the time-intervals inbetween the single beeps are far too long.

One of the big problems also with this "single beep stuff" is that you can easily "overwalk" the treasure or think it was just a faint signal from far away while you are near the underground object.

Without any audible or visible "energy-strenght" signalisation it's very hard to find and not overlook the specific location.

This beeping is the same as in the german fairytale of Haensel & Gretchen: Every few meters they put some white pebbles on the ground for finding their way back home through the woods. But the night came and they lost their track, coming to the some yummi house made of cake and sweets where the evil witch checked out how thick Haensels "finger" is. :lol:

And I'm not shure to what dangerous locations the Mineoro leads you with his pebble-stone identic beeps!
Perhaps to the south-pole. :lol: Just joking, but I guess it really takes alot expierence for recognising beeps that are on the same "line" and leading somewhere.

I think it would be no big problem putting some speaker in a shielded housing and create some much clearer audio-output - by rasing volume or frequency etc.

Perhaps it also would be better if there exists some 2in1 unit so 2 different people can walk 10meters away from each other and if they go in the same direction they get also the same signals.

Yeah, this would be a really good test.
If you have 2 Mineoros let 2 people side by side (10 to 20m distance) walk into the treasure direction - would be interresting if they get both the same "beeps".

gibon
08-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Hi Hung

Nice video,but the reality is allways diferent with MINEORO,i mean HERE in my country,we never get this consistent signals,but allways sparzed,maybe its becouse in Brazil rain a lot during the year...and make bigger the PHENOMENON,maybe...

I do agree with you Morgan. We are both owner of Mineoro and using it in Europe.

The signal is obsolutly not so straight and consistant. Maybe this spot is real treasure place with long time buried gold which is making the difference ?

I shall put a video to show you my TH trial :).

all the best

Gibon

hung
08-23-2010, 07:08 PM
I do agree with you Morgan. We are both owner of Mineoro and using it in Europe.

The signal is obsolutly not so straight and consistant. Maybe this spot is real treasure place with long time buried gold which is making the difference ?

I shall put a video to show you my TH trial :).

all the best

Gibon

Sorry, but I disagree. Is it possible that the performance might be affected in certain situations and regions ? Yes it is. But NEVER to the point of not reacting to a treasure.

Even if the beeps might not be consistent, one still can be certain about the location.

If this wasn't the case, you would never see people from diferent locations featured in the site as having found (and dug) treasures along the years.

What I really think it's important is getting proficient at your device, going out a lot in the field and earning experience. It's a tool. This will always help to overcome the device's and the phenomena's limitations when and if it happens.

takhslambos
08-23-2010, 07:59 PM
hung.....THANKS.............YOU ARE THE BEST.....

luciano furtado
08-24-2010, 12:41 AM
A good video, but you failed to get the dig that discovered in the soil.
I'm sorry to modify their searches could not resist myself and I was digging post here WHAT it was buried where his fg Surper 80,90,100,101 ... Detected ...
hehehe ....

WM6
08-24-2010, 06:47 AM
you would never see people from diferent locations featured in the site as having found (and dug) treasures along the years.

Correct! Fully agree with you Hung.

detectoman
08-25-2010, 06:47 PM
hung: dear brodhy you can cut the photo of new post of treasure box of furtado and make tegnical montage in the site of these you last video film

J_Player
08-29-2010, 09:07 AM
A good video, but you failed to get the dig that discovered in the soil.
I'm sorry to modify their searches could not resist myself and I was digging post here WHAT it was buried where his fg Surper 80,90,100,101 ... Detected ...
hehehe ....I see you also have a treasure hunting machine.
You are correct. It is hard to resist when you have an excellent long range locator that will find treasure from thousands of miles.

I think you are using the Google image LRL, guaranteed to find treasure at longer distance than other LRLs....
http://www.google.com/images?q=treasure&um=1&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&rlz=1I7ADFA_en&tbs=isch:1&ei=ViR6TPfLOIq-sAPe8YjtCg&sa=N&start=42&ndsp=21

It looks like it works as advertised :) :) :)

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13027&stc=1&d=1282610451

Best wishes,
J_P

luciano furtado
08-29-2010, 04:56 PM
I see you also have a treasure hunting machine.
You are correct. It is hard to resist when you have an excellent long range locator that will find treasure from thousands of miles.

I think you are using the Google image LRL, guaranteed to find treasure at longer distance than other LRLs....
http://www.google.com/images?q=treasure&um=1&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&rlz=1I7ADFA_en&tbs=isch:1&ei=ViR6TPfLOIq-sAPe8YjtCg&sa=N&start=42&ndsp=21

It looks like it works as advertised :) :) :)

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13027&stc=1&d=1282610451

Best wishes,
J_P

hi J player

Ja would be happy if I found a gold ring or an earring by a thread cutter or something about 300 or 250 meters, this need not be trunk Treasurer
hahahaha .....

J_Player
08-29-2010, 05:18 PM
hi J player

Ja would be happy if I found a gold ring or an earring by a thread cutter or something about 300 or 250 meters, this need not be trunk Treasurer
hahahaha .....Maybe you can find it with your HC300.
Look at what Mineoro says is found with the DC2008 from 170 meters distance, if no power lines.... :)

WM6
08-29-2010, 06:26 PM
Look at what Mineoro says is found with the DC2008 from 170 meters distance,

Yes. look at what mineoro staf says:
(I must say that I trust them completely.)

takhslambos
08-31-2010, 11:01 PM
hung i waiting for the next video.THANKS...............

detectoman
09-02-2010, 04:05 PM
takhslambos: hung is learn the form for take good videos, from the hollywod eua paramount studies, may be came in any months